Winter Meetings Thread

Chicago White Sox

28 minutes ago, fathom said:

Hasn’t stopped a lot of these guys from naming 100 different player possibilities 

I do find it amusing that Footlong does a podcast with a kid who is graduating college in 2026. I'm assuming that means they're both 18 years old. Who the f*** is going to believe that some 18 year old has sources deep in the White Sox organization?

• Haha 1

More than anything I just think we need a SS who is going to be strong defensively to set the tone on all the mistakes we see. Anderson does get to a lot, as Jose valentin prior, but I do think the sloppiness feeds off each other.

In my patented 2023 plan, it included a follow-up to trade out TA and instead sign Swanson.

Do I buy swanson's top? No. But I don't think "let's swap out TA for Bogaerts" passes anyones laugh test, but maybe swansons market is more strict than expected. And he is so, so solid, and comes from a winning franchise.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

Us? Divisive? 

Never.

LOL It is crazy how divided we are. Plenty want to choose from the OF reject pile of FA's while everything is pointing towards that not happening. Very few trade pieces worth much of anything on the 40.

The one guy who is still worth something, Hendriks, we have no clue if they would actually trade him.

A lot of talk but there's a long off season ahead and we'll just end up hoping some how, some way that we never see Eloy in LF again, Moncada can find whatever it is he's missing, Robert can show he isn't still made of glass, Kopech can make major progress , Anderson can find the straight and narrow again, Giolito figures out what went wrong last year, Grandal can give us some positive WAR and Colas is a savage.

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

More than anything I just think we need a SS who is going to be strong defensively to set the tone on all the mistakes we see. Anderson does get to a lot, as Jose valentin prior, but I do think the sloppiness feeds off each other.

In my patented 2023 plan, it included a follow-up to trade out TA and instead sign Swanson.

Do I buy swanson's top? No. But I don't think "let's swap out TA for Bogaerts" passes anyones laugh test, but maybe swansons market is more strict than expected. And he is so, so solid, and comes from a winning franchise.

Whoever signs swanson is going to regret that

3 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Whoever signs swanson is going to regret that

His numbers are better than I thought. And he's only missed 2 games in the past 3 years. Having players that can stay on the field is nice.

Edit: he probably gets the least dollars/years out of the big 4 shortstop free agents.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

50 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm still trying to figure out what Sox fans in their right minds would rather spend money and get Conforto ,Brantley, or Gallo and play him/them over Colas.

IF you prefer that and still criticize Hahn you sound just like him.

Or...

With a team that has a ton of injury problems and exactly one capable OF, there is nothing wrong with signing an OF because there are plenty of holes, plus high odds of needing more than a few OFs because of injuries.

Or...

What happens if you give Colas a chance and he has a Robin Ventura like start to his career and you have no other OF depth.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

I agree with this. I'd like TA as more of an offensive 2B but we all know he won't move off SS. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

His numbers are better than I thought. And he's only missed 2 games in the past 3 years. Having players that can stay on the field is nice.

Edit: he probably gets the least dollars/years out of the big 4 shortstop free agents.

He definitely will. Most top FAs get way more than fans expect, he's an example of one that will get less.