Winter Meetings Thread

Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I have no problems getting  OFer's just not the rejects who will cost more than they are worth. Hell I've been posting all of November about OF's.

I already answered all your "or's". This team isn't going anywhere without about 8 guys we already have staying healthy and producing. If that doesn't happen having money to spend will make the transition easier in 2024.

Kind of weird you weren't too worried about Vaughn's 1st year in what was then a much brighter window than it is now.

Colas will put up a better fWAR than Vaughn did in 2021 and 2022.

Colas is going to kick azz. He has a chip on his shoulder. 

1 hour ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Ooo I like this one, it's even better than the typical "there's a move that may or may not happen. I'm right if it does, but also it might fall apart."

Now we get the generic "some people will like it, some will not."

I swear, they should write horoscopes with the way everything is so "specifically" open-ended.

nah I think he's saying a well-liked player is getting traded

with that being said, he's probably full of 💩

4 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

I would DFA him, but I know it's not happening.  In my mind being the backup gives him the best chance to remain healthy and limits the potential for him to hurt the team while playing.  I'm fine with however the split shakes out, as long as his contract doesn't automatically make him the starter on most days.

Grandal is toast I think. Au revoir. 

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yea the Sox shouldn't f*** with him. He bent over backwards so the Sox could pay him by waiting for them to have the money. He might already be starting his 2nd yr. in MLB if it wasn't for that.

I'm really confused. You are acting like signing one free agent OF blocks Colas. I don't understand why you think this.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I'm really confused. You are acting like signing one free agent OF blocks Colas. I don't understand why you think this.

It makes absolutely no sense. I think he’s mad people are “blocking” his dream of acquiring James Outman. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

People who want to sign those guys also want Colas to start the year at AAA. I also don't want 1 FA OF. Trade for Outman. Have 2 Rookies in the OF and get some OF defense flowing. I would have expected someone better than Payton for depth too. Same crap different year.

If we put up with Vaughn in the OF for 2 years how can it be worse than he was ?

• TLR 1

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

People who want to sign those guys also want Colas to start the year at AAA. I also don't want 1 FA OF. Trade for Outman. Have 2 Rookies in the OF and get some OF defense flowing. I would have expected someone better than Payton for depth too. Same crap different year.

If we put up with Vaughn in the OF for 2 years how can it be worse than he was ?

What can possibly go wrong!?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yea the Sox shouldn't f*** with him. He bent over backwards so the Sox could pay him by waiting for them to have the money. He might already be starting his 2nd yr. in MLB if it wasn't for that.

This is not accurate.  He waited until the next signing period because no teams had much money left in the one where he was declared a free agent.  He made multiples more money by waiting to sign, not because there was some vast conspiracy to stop him from signing early.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

What can possibly go wrong!?

OMG yea we might have a  -.3 and -.4 like we did with Vaughn in 2021 and 202 or the .1 WAR we got out of Sheets. The horror ! Conforto or some other OF  for $10M+ will propel the Sox to the playoffs !

Maybe you should start thinking about what could go right. More money for other fixes  and cost controlled players for 6 years instead of expensive rejects for 1 year and then you have to fix the problem all over again.

• Like 2
  • TLR 3

2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

The splitting the fan base tweet tells me they are going to part with a high end prospect or someone under control.  Remember we dont know how to scout ourselves.   Goodbye Colas/Montgomery.  

Colas isn’t going anywhere 

• Thanks 1

Just now, 2Deep said:

After the Foodies post on upcoming move many of you jumped to that being TA.  1st player I thought of, if this is true, id Moncada.  He has a split following like no other amongst us fans.  

Yes, let's trade our best defender on a team that has a lot of shitty defenders. I'd rather ride out the last 2 guaranteed years on his deal and hope he gets his s%*# together than trade the best defender on the team. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yes, let's trade our best defender on a team that has a lot of shitty defenders. I'd rather ride out the last 2 guaranteed years on his deal and hope he gets his s%*# together than trade the best defender on the team. 

I genuinely want Moncada to do well.  However, from various reports, like Ozzie and his kids have said that Moncada is his own worst nightmare.  Everything is in his head.  

If someone can get him mentally right the dude has ridiculous potential.  However, I don't know if that will ever happen.  

• Like 1