Winter Meetings Thread

Chicago White Sox

Just now, he gone. said:

Reasonable ass price for Josh Bell. How bad was he in the OF? Based on the limited years and price it sure does hurt to see him go to the Guardians if he could've been a league average option in LF or RF. 

Horrible in the outfield.  Would go against everything they believe in.  He will DH or 1B with Naylor.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m fine with retooling, assuming it’s non-prospects. You would be amazed at the number of people that think Timmy might be traded.

God I'm going to despise the return for it if it happens i know it. 

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I for one am happy the Guardians chose to spend $16M of their limited payroll on Josh Bell. He's not that much better than Gavin Sheets. Meh.

hearing anything? Or should we continue listening to the Greek lol

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I for one am happy the Guardians chose to spend $16M of their limited payroll on Josh Bell. He's not that much better than Gavin Sheets. Meh.

This.  Josh Bell is a fine hitter, but he's awful anywhere you put him defensively.  Cleveland is slightly better than they were an hour ago, but color me mostly unconcerned about Josh Bell.  

I don’t know where else the Guardians would really add besides 1B. They probably have enough talent in the minors to grab one of the few C available. Maybe an OF upgrade in a trade or a lesser OF who is better than what they have. Don’t really see an active off-season from them beyond a cheapish 1B and maybe a C.