Winter Meetings Thread

Chicago White Sox

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Watching these manager meetings on MLBN during the Winter Meetings coverage makes me realize how lucky we are that they weren't in person the last 2 years. LaRussa would have some laughable "wtf" quotes for sure.

I’d pay good money for that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

17.5 for Bellinger…said to have turned down multi year offers to take the 1 year deal. 

Not that it’s a bad risk for them to take…but not sure how the 1 year deal really helps the cubs. Use the 17.5M this year to get a comp pick out of him?

Cubs think they can contend. Gonna be spending a lot in the next few weeks.

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

17.5 for Bellinger…said to have turned down multi year offers to take the 1 year deal. 

Not that it’s a bad risk for them to take…but not sure how the 1 year deal really helps the cubs. Use the 17.5M this year to get a comp pick out of him?

They will trade him in July in Atlanta or something.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Alright boys, do we think Rick makes a move tonight?

Gun to head I say ‘no’, but hope he proves me wrong.

We can make a few nice moves but still be mediocre sadly. We can't just spend so we'll be spinning wheels and hoping for a ton of luck this year. 

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

I said it a few weeks ago and will say it again. The Cubs are gonna pass us this offseason. This organization is a complete joke and I wish there was something the fans could do about it. 

Easily if this is the roster the Sox want to have.

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

They are discussing Rodon on MLBN and they are showing how he has changed his mechanics. Uses his legs a lot more these days.

I did a deep dive on that on my many conversations with @ptatc when we were discussing Rodon's injury history  when I wanted to resign  along with many to be fair didn't want him. His new and improved mechanics were always a big part of why i wanted to keep him.

Of course I understood that there is repaired damage to his arm which would always make him a risky proposition but you either use one thing or the other to draw conclusions and I went with the new Rodon rather than the old model. I never liked the idea of casually tossing a guy aside who had just demonstrated he was among the best in baseball born from his work with Katz. His past conditioning issues never really bothered me. Once you find a formula for success and the promise of big money I didn't think it would be an issue.