Winter Meetings Thread

Chicago White Sox

5 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

We’re all setting ourselves up for disappointment. Nobody’s going to be happy at the end of the offseason because Hahn can’t/won’t/doesn’t know how to make the right moves.

What? Everyone is already disappointed and frustrated with this team. We expect nothing, and will still somehow get kicked in the sack. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

We’re all setting ourselves up for disappointment. Nobody’s going to be happy at the end of the offseason because Hahn can’t/won’t/doesn’t know how to make the right moves.

I have no faith in Hahn or this organization right now. If something major happens, I'll be surprised. 

16 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

You know, there was a lot of conversations. We thought we had gotten to the finish line on one or two big things, but things fissled at the last minute. It doesn't mean the off-season was lost for us, but I'm definitely feeling like the fans tonight.

Welp,

This became a reality.... again. Who knew.

Rick Hahn never has any idea what anything is worth so he's always shocked when he doesn't get what he asks for.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

Disappointment is already the overall vibe here. Expectations are incredibly low, even for Sox fan standards.

4 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Disappointment is already the overall vibe here. Expectations are incredibly low, even for Sox fan standards.

I talked to one of my sons this morning. He said when my 13 year old grandson came down for breakfast, before school, the first thing he said was "what's going on? Everyone is signing players and the White Sox aren't doing anything!" Such is the life of a White Sox fan.

• Like 1

these past 3-4 years are the toughest because we had the perfect set up and we squandered it so badly that we never had a very strong chance of winning it all. We all can sense what's coming next because we're not stupid, but the Sox, the Sox FO and the likes continue to talk down to us as if we are. They're cowards who hide cancelling fan events like SoxFest (not my cup of tea, but still is for a bunch of die hards + KIDS!). The "core" and "championship window" we were all promised turned out to be approximately 2 years which was led by TLR, Dallas Keuchel and the likes. It was a colossal failure and the pivot is already to trading some of our best talent in Giolito and Hendriks because we're so inept that  we know we have no chance of resigning them. So rather than add on the fringes on short term deals (Bellinger, Haniger, Conforto, etc.) we have decided it's better to trade those guys and go younger. 

All of this coming after big pay days of MLB doing sales + apple contract where i think the owners all started with like $60mm free dry powder than the year before. To those who think JR is selling the team ever? Good luck. Owning this franchise is like having a stock paying dividend to him. If you put him on a lie detector you'd get the results we all know ... he doesn't actually care about winning. he cares about his bottom line. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Is today a full day, or is it like pre covid that the hotel empties after the Rule 5?

Rule 5 and then everyone bounces if I recall past Winter Meetings correctly.  Hahn is probably already waiting to board at the Southwest terminal...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Rule 5 and then everyone bounces if I recall past Winter Meetings correctly.  Hahn is probably already waiting to board at the Southwest terminal...

They did that on Thursday mornings in the past. It will be a full day today including the draft.

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Sunday to Wednesday, but neither Sunday or Wednesday are full days.

Yeah, years past it was always Sunday-Thursday on the MLB calendar but you don't really count Sunday. I did notice the draft is at 4 so that's at least better than being in the morning.

Edit: not much a full day considering the draft is at 2PM SD time.

Edited by Bob Sacamano