Winter Meetings Thread

Chicago White Sox

22 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Just looking at closing options available now in free agency, Gravemen is probably a better option. If the Sox are looking to simply unload some salary they’d be better off shopping Graveman. For Hendriks they need to get a substantial return. Can’t just offload that kind of asset for nothing

I agree.  I'd think you should be able to salary dump him which seems like a better idea.  But if we can get a serious return for Hendriks, that would be fine too

8 minutes ago, Snopek said:

I'll certainly take consolation prizes at this point, but I don't know. I get the big picture angle if it's an overpay, but the Twins would still be adding a good player.

Twins are going to be adding payroll.  Their projected payroll right now is $92.5M after $150M or so last season.  They have plenty of $ to spend.  I'd much rather it go to Swanson than Correa. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Dodgers depth looks kinda thin at the moment in the infield and outfield. They gotta be in a bidding war with the Giants for Correa right?

Curious if the Padres are in on that too, they wanted Turner and clearly want to upgrade SS defense and move Tatis to the OF and protect his shoulder.  Correa fixes that immediately. 

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

How to say a whole lot of empty words to sound like you did your job well this week…

Exactly. A lot of empty words. To go along with a lot of empty actions. I wish this guy would just not talk. I don't appreciate being taken for an idiot. No fan should.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I just wish he didn’t talk to the press until he actually made a move.  I get it’s part of the job, but he’s got to know when he says this same s%*# every year it’s going to rile up the base.

We wouldn't be getting that riled up at this if he hadn't done such a poor job beforehand. No one will be that angry if Jim Crane says that in Houston and he just lost the #1 pitching FA on the market. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

6 hours ago, hi8is said:

Nah he’ll say they laid the ground work and you don’t have to finish a deal at the meetings and it needs the time it needs and hopefully ideally we will see some things materialize in the coming days or weeks ideally that is to say somewhat soon but they fully plan to get better and are already better and they hopefully will….

blah blah blah

Lol