Winter Meetings Thread

Chicago White Sox

18 minutes ago, fathom said:

What they do need is a 4th outfielder that can hit LHP, if they do get Gallo

Agreed…can Gallo still play CF in a pinch? That would be helpful. Looks like he was decent in CF in 2019 for the Rangers, but hasn’t played there much since. 

But boy are the FA OF options that will make 4th OF’er $ bleak. Not much there. Could Wil Myers get enough AB’s between OF and 1B to justify whatever he ends up getting(assuming 5-8 mil)? 

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Agreed…can Gallo still play CF in a pinch? That would be helpful. Looks like he was decent in CF in 2019 for the Rangers, but hasn’t played there much since. 

But boy are the FA OF options that will make 4th OF’er $ bleak. Not much there. Could Wil Myers get enough AB’s between OF and 1B to justify whatever he ends up getting(assuming 5-8 mil)? 

Can’t wait for this BS to add up to 30M of 1WAR

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I would like that very much. The Gallo of last year, not so much.

I like the idea of betting on in their prime players with a history of good production to bounce back. I'd much rather have Nimmo, but the good version of Gallo does a lot of things well this team badly needs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I like the idea of betting on in their prime players with a history of good production to bounce back. I'd much rather have Nimmo, but the good version of Gallo does a lot of things well this team badly needs.

I’d much rather have Nimmo or Conforto, but Gallo seems most likely to come on the cheap.  Meets the Sox prerequisite after all.