Winter Meetings Thread

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

While the Sox couldn't "afford" Senga's interpreter, this one is believable.

While I put little value is "MLBScoops", Frazier does make a good bit of sense assuming he's very cheap.  We can add him to the 2B mix with the kids.  He can fill in the OF until Colas arrives.  He hits RHP decently.  Ideally, he's a bench player unless he earns an everyday role, but gives the Sox some insurance around the diamond.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

i will bet $25 of my money that white sox internal options out perform adam frazier next year.

The internal options would still be there, so if Sosa or Romy outperforms Frazier, great - he's now a bench piece.  Its gotta be cheap though.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

While I put little value is "MLBScoops", Frazier does make a good bit of sense assuming he's very cheap.  We can add him to the 2B mix with the kids.  He can fill in the OF until Colas arrives.  He hits RHP decently.  Ideally, he's a bench player unless he earns an everyday role, but gives the Sox some insurance around the diamond.  

yeah, this is a perfectly fine addition that makes sense, do it already RH. 

16 minutes ago, Quin said:

Leury+

Not saying its what I would prefer the Sox do, but if Sosa/Romy both fumble their opportunities (and lets not pretend there isn't a legit chance of that)....we're looking at playing Leury 2B most days anyway.

If you're essentially planning to let Sosa earn that job, it would be nice to have some vet contingency plan in place.  And if we're shopping at the local flea market for that fit, Frazier is as good of a fit as there is for a short term cheap contract.  

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Does anyone know anything about the “Reinsdorf joking about his team sucking while getting an award at the winter meetings” part of this? That claim was news to me.

He got an award for the ACe program and said something like “this is more important than winning, which we don’t do much of anyway.”

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Does anyone know anything about the “Reinsdorf joking about his team sucking while getting an award at the winter meetings” part of this? That claim was news to me.

He made a joke during the receipt of his humanitarian award for the ACE program about winning and they didn't do much last year.  To non Sox fans it wasa nice joke to White Sox fans it was reality.

Just read this hilarious quote:

“We've got a really good front office that knows what they're doing,” Grifol said. “They know how to assemble clubs.”

I think all the evidence suggests otherwise, but poor Grifol has to tow the party line, either that or he is in for a very rude awakening.

On 12/7/2022 at 9:11 PM, Jack Parkman said:

Nice to see y'all came around on the Madrigal sucks train. 

Still pisses me off that the Sox tanked a whole season only to draft Madrigal. Who in thier right minds would ever draft a college player with a top 5 pick that can barely hit the ball 400 feet during batting practice? The guy is also one of the worst baserunners I have ever seen. 

Whoever scouted and signed off on the Madrigal pick hopefully is no longer employed by the White Sox. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Still pisses me off that the Sox tanked a whole season only to draft Madrigal. Who in thier right minds would ever draft a college player with a top 5 pick that can barely hit the ball 400 feet during batting practice? The guy is also one of the worst baserunners I have ever seen. 

Whoever scouted and signed off on the Madrigal pick hopefully is no longer employed by the White Sox. 

He was only drafted high because of Altuve. 

6 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Not sure Vaughn was the greatest option either. 6' 1B has a limited ceiling. SP, CF, SS are where your value is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1