Yanks Lure Aaron Judge back, $360M/9

hi8is

12 hours ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

301900_509609482444_1586917409_n.jpg

Just hours from the anniversary 

The look on KW's face is all like "angel's choir!"

The look on Adam's face is like "can you believe this s%*#?"

I was so excited about the Dunn signing, I bought his jersey. '83.

No, that didn't work out for me.

Adam the man was and is a real swell guy. Had some sort of music production kind of thing going back then that I thought was cool.

Adam the player was like that little dog in the vacation movie. "He tried to keep up for the first half-mile or so".

Not sorry for the Dunn or the '83. I have worn it at gigs. It looks positively smashing on me.

On 12/3/2022 at 7:37 AM, Bossanoveralls said:

Adam the man was and is a real swell guy. Had some sort of music production kind of thing going back then that I thought was cool.

Adam the player was like that little dog in the vacation movie. "He tried to keep up for the first half-mile or so".

Not sorry for the Dunn or the '83. I have worn it at gigs. It looks positively smashing on me.

What is your point

On 12/2/2022 at 6:18 PM, poppysox said:

I agree with you that JR will "hit it hard" this off season.  I'm not one to like these mega contracts but rather sign 2 or 3 players for that same money that the one guy sucks up.  Spread the risk a bit.  Mostly I hate all the JR is cheap chatter that creeps into each and every topic.  Max Kepler, Madrigal, Bellinger, Clevenger, and Q would make a nice offseason IMO.  Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled with Judge, but he scares me a lot.

The 'spread the risk' method is largely what they've done over the years and it continues to not work.

I am one who will quickly push the JR is cheap narrative that you 'hate', but I won't be saying anything about Aaron Judge. It just feels like a bad contract waiting to happen, and with our current ownership, a bad contract of that magnitude would cripple the franchise for a long time.

I actually don't like much of anything for the Sox this year with a high price tag. There were better targets in recent years and the Sox didn't pull the trigger for whatever their reasons (we all know what they are).

16 minutes ago, Sarava said:

The 'spread the risk' method is largely what they've done over the years and it continues to not work.

I am one who will quickly push the JR is cheap narrative that you 'hate', but I won't be saying anything about Aaron Judge. It just feels like a bad contract waiting to happen, and with our current ownership, a bad contract of that magnitude would cripple the franchise for a long time.

I actually don't like much of anything for the Sox this year with a high price tag. There were better targets in recent years and the Sox didn't pull the trigger for whatever their reasons (we all know what they are).

There are 24 owners who are cheaper than JR.  For the most part we agree on the rest.  I'm sure glad we won't be paying Harper this coming year, however.

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

There are 24 owners who are cheaper than JR.  For the most part we agree on the rest.  I'm sure glad we won't be paying Harper this coming year, however.

I'd much rather take Harper propelling the Sox to a WS appearance and missing halfish of the following season than not having him at all. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I'd much rather take Harper propelling the Sox to a WS appearance and missing halfish of the following season than not having him at all. 

If only you knew if Judge would do that for us.  Ya just never knows, but if you take a shot at the silly money guys and miss...you are cooked for the next decade.

23 minutes ago, poppysox said:

That's a case of not seeing the forest through the trees. JR suffers from the same problem. Harper's contract would have largely paid for itself already.

Edited by Sarava
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

If only you knew if Judge would do that for us.  Ya just never knows, but if you take a shot at the silly money guys and miss...you are cooked for the next decade.

Judge will be 31 early in the season and has the big body type that tends to not age very well. Harper and Machado were 26 when they were free agents and were about as good of free agent superstar bets as you'll ever see - as people said at the time. That isn't Monday morning quarterbacking here.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

25 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I'm not even advocating for signing Judge, never entertained it because we all know it's not happening. Hypothetically speaking, I don't care if they're cooked for a decade if it didn't work out because it would've at least shown that they're serious about trying to win in their proclaimed "window" over constantly shopping at TJ Maxx for all their free agents. To me, missing out on both Harper and Machado because of sheer incompetence is the biggest failure of the rebuild era. 

Edited by Sleepy Harold
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I'm not even advocating for signing Judge, never entertained it because we all know it's not happening. Hypothetically speaking, I don't care if they're cooked for a decade if it didn't work out because it would've at least shown that they're serious about trying to win in their proclaimed "window" over constantly shopping at TJ Maxx for all their free agents. To me, missing out on both Harper and Machado because of sheer incompetence is the biggest failure of the rebuild era. 

To me not missing out on TLR was the biggest failure of the rebuild era.

41 minutes ago, poppysox said:

To me not missing out on TLR was the biggest failure of the rebuild era.

Yeah that went as many thought it would and it's a shame that it was forced down our throats. Who knows how/if we even get to that point if the Sox had ponied up and stopped dicking around with Harper/Machado. So many "what ifs" with this franchise. 

10 hours ago, poppysox said:

And if you don’t take a shot, well, then you are the same old White Sox we all know. Cooked for the next decade anyway from a series of slow self-inflicted burns.

On 12/3/2022 at 5:37 AM, Bossanoveralls said:

Adam spent a lot of time drinking at Houndstooth and getting mixed up with the Peavy, Ryan Dempster and his now ex-wife's party crew and all the nurses they passed back and forth, and Brent Morel, who was the team's weed dealer at the time.  Adam didn't exactly put forth a full effort while playing here.  

• Haha 1
  • TLR 1

• bmags changed the title to Yanks Lure Aaron Judge back, $360M/9