Bryan Reynolds’s requests trade

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Reynolds would be a move I could definitely get behind. Exactly what the doctor ordered. They’d probably demand Colas though

Yeah so many teams would be interested to the point where idk if the Sox can beat out offers for him. Not to the point where it’s worth it anyway.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Reynolds would be a move I could definitely get behind. Exactly what the doctor ordered. They’d probably demand Colas though

This is like Montgomery, Colas, Perez, and maybe a 4th piece to be in play for it for the White Sox.

• TLR 1

5 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Be nice if Sox could do it without giving up Colas. Personally I think guys like Ramos and Rodriguez are underrated prospects. What about something like Montgomery/Crochet/Rodriguez/Ramos. Think I would support any package of prospects for this, really

A promising young 4th piece like that helps. Crochet is a worry there though for the Pirates because the White Sox have already burned through two years of service time for him. The Pirates might be more inclined to accept a comparable offer from another team if they’re getting back a second piece with a full 6 years of control. 

Montgomery, Colas, Crochet, and one of those two guys you note or Vera in their place would seem like a very competitive offer to me.

5 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Yeah, not worth it if you’re including Colas.  If I am the Pirates, I need Montgomery, either Rodriguez or Sosa (whoever I like better) and either Mena, Vera, or Burke.  That is a lot for a non-elite talent. The Sox have to at least check in on the price, though.

If they were actually moving him they should be able to do better than that elsewhere. Cleveland has 6 top 100 prospects and could use the offense, two of those guys and a decent third piece is well better than that offer. The Dodgers have 7 top 100 prospects and could use a big league outfielder to replace Bellinger, same setup. The Cardinals have 6. The Orioles have 6. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

If they were actually moving him they should be able to do better than that elsewhere. Cleveland has 6 top 100 prospects and could use the offense, two of those guys and a decent third piece is well better than that offer.

Probably.  I just can’t see giving up Colas to get a guy to give what Colas is going to give you for 7 times the money. If they want to mortgage the future for 2023, sure. But mortgaging the present for the present never makes any sense to me. It’s possible the Sox just don’t have the pieces for a trade like this that is going to require a slight overpay.

• Like 1

Just now, Timmy U said:

Probably.  I just can’t see giving up Colas to get a guy to give what Colas is going to give you for 7 times the money. If they want to mortgage the future for 2023, sure. But mortgaging the present for the present never makes any sense to me. It’s possible the Sox just don’t have the pieces for a trade like this that is going to require a slight overpay.

I would say the White Sox do have the pieces to get this guy, but with how barren their organization is it makes little sense to give up that many pieces.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, fathom said:

Montgomery and Vera….other teams would easily top that.  Reynolds is good but not great enough IMO to use every asset.

Yeah, I’d rather just spend Jerry’s money. Montgomery and Colas should be off limits. Colas is our own internal solution to a decade+ long problem and Montgomery is the exact type of profile we need more of. But you won’t be able to get Reynolds without at least one of those two, and for that reason, I’m out. 

• Like 1