Bryan Reynolds’s requests trade

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I would love to see Reynolds on the White Sox. What worries me, if they obtained him would they be able to sign him to a long term contract?

They don't have the prospects and Jerry wouldn't extend him anyway. He's going somewhere else. 

This is a rebuild, but it won't be obvious until mid-season. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They don't have the prospects and Jerry wouldn't extend him anyway. He's going somewhere else. 

This is a rebuild, but it won't be obvious until mid-season. 

I’m open to them moving guys mid-season if they are under .500. Mostly just the rentals though or guy under contract another season.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

Vaughn, Crochet, Ramos and Rodriguez for Reynolds

Sign Josh Bell and Adam Frazier. Start Colas in RF

Trade Graveman for a prospect 

Anderson

Reynolds

Robert

Eloy

Bell

Colas

Moncada

Yaz

Frazier/Sosa

Pure fantasy but sure would be nice.

Edited by TheFutureIsNear

17 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Vaughn, Crochet, Ramos and Rodriguez for Reynolds

Sign Josh Bell and Adam Frazier. Start Colas in RF

Trade Graveman for a prospect 

Anderson

Reynolds

Robert

Eloy

Bell

Colas

Moncada

Yaz

Frazier/Sosa

Pure fantasy but sure would be nice.

You can’t trade crochet and graveman without making bullpen a priority again.

1 hour ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Anderson, Moncada, Eloy and Grandal.  😁😆🤣

Then sign Judge.  🤣

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

42 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

giving away all our top prospects for a 3 win player? what am i missing

For one thing, he was a six WAR player in ‘21 at age 26. For another his WAR was depressed by playing center when he should be playing a corner. His offensive WAR was like 4.5 last year. Odds are his best seasons are ahead of him still. He’s controllable for three seasons. I guess if you want to ensure the Sox remain an 85 win team four years from now we should keep those prospects

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

Yeah, not worth it if you’re including Colas.  If I am the Pirates, I need Montgomery, either Rodriguez or Sosa (whoever I like better) and either Mena, Vera, or Burke.  That is a lot for a non-elite talent. The Sox have to at least check in on the price, though.

Exactly. If you notice this about Reynolds from the story: 

"....having played just 13 games with Triple-A Indianapolis.

During a breakout rookie year in 2019, Reynolds hit .314 with an .880 OPS across 134 games, with 37 doubles, four triples, 16 home runs and 68 RBIs,.."

Colas has had 7 games in AAA and is perfectly capable of having the same type of year as Reynolds did his rookie year. Pay way more and get less years when you may just get Reynolds type production from Colas through his pre arb .

Put some faith in the guy who has shown in just one season in the minors he has All-Star talent all while adjusting to the states and missing his family. Colas wanted to be a White Sox so such he waited longer so the Sox could sign him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

If we had another promising year in 2022 I’d be all for dumping the farm for him… but given our horrendous year and continued terrible health, idk if trading 3 or 4 of our top 10 prospects makes sense 

2022 sucked, but it’s time for the Sox to either go all in or fold. He’s controlled for three years, if you’re more worried about four years from now then rebuild. The next three years is the window with the current core

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I’m open to them moving guys mid-season if they are under .500. Mostly just the rentals though or guy under contract another season.

There is very little chance this team is under .500 come July tho. Just Parkman  managing expectations in his own head. 

1 hour ago, bmags said:

You can’t trade crochet and graveman without making bullpen a priority again.

Mostly traded Graveman to fit Jerry’s budget. Getting a decent prospect to restock also wouldnt be the worst idea.

But I don’t think it would be a huge deal. some risk relying on certain guys for depth for sure, but I think the bones of a good bull pen are there for sure.

9th- Hendricks

8th- Lopez/Bummer

Key 6th/7th inning guy- Lambert (maybe I like him too much?)

The risk is relying on solid innings out of Kelly and Diekmam, but not much we can after Hahn screwed us on their contracts.

I also think Davis Martin has a future as a good middle reliever. 

Sign a couple of vets to minor league deals as well and hope to hit on a serviceable arm.