Rodon to the Yankees, $162 million

southsider2k5

On 12/8/2022 at 3:20 PM, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

They literally have one of the best starting staffs in baseball.. How is this not "strong": Urias, Kershaw, Gonsolin, May, and then like 3 top 100 SP that are all knocking on the door and ready for MLB.  They'll be just fine with some cheapish depth addition. There is no need to get below the tax because of this "not strong" staff..
EDIT: Yes, they could use Giolito or anyone.. But to insinuate they have a weak staff is asinine.

Keep your eye on Dodgers prospect Bobby Miller who is the grandson of my best friend when I was growing up in Rogers Park on the northside of Chicago. Unfortunately my old friend died 20 years ago and will not see his grandson become an MLB pitcher

20 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Keep your eye on Dodgers prospect Bobby Miller who is the grandson of my best friend when I was growing up in Rogers Park on the northside of Chicago. Unfortunately my old friend died 20 years ago and will not see his grandson become an MLB pitcher

Fun guy for you to follow.  Nice memories.  Hope he make it...few do.

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

It is absolutely insane to have predicted 2-3 years ago that after 2 surgeries...countless injury stints and a really good season on a 3 mil contract would put him on the path to 200 million dollars. Good for him, good luck for the Giants or Yankees...

Imagine if we had locked him up with some escalating options or something a few years ago.

Just imagine we had former Sox major leaguers Jose Abreu, Carlos Rodon, Chris Bassitt, Marcus Semien and Jose Quintana.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Imagine if we had locked him up with some escalating options or something a few years ago.

Just imagine we had former Sox major leaguers Jose Abreu, Carlos Rodon, Chris Bassitt, Marcus Semien and Jose Quintana.

The talent this org has either let go for little to nothing or traded away only to have them develop elsewhere.  The White Sox are really bad at this baseball thing...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

The talent this org has either let go for little to nothing or traded away only to have them develop elsewhere.  The White Sox are really bad at this baseball thing...

Honestly, I'm beginning to feel for the scouting department.

2 hours ago, Quin said:

To be fair, you're talking about a Boras client. He's smart enough to prevent his clients from signing contracts like that. 

• Like 2

I'm surprised those rooting against him. He's been a top 10 cy young finalist two years in a row, right?

Pitching is what have you done for me lately. Patrick Corbin was a great pitcher for 1 year and got 6/$140 and that was 5 years ago in a much less competitive time for FA.

These numbers aren't really surprising. There was only one surprising move in this whole saga.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

No it wouldn't.

Anderson

Robert

Eloy

Conforto

Vaughn

Moncada

Colas

Grandal / Zavala / Perez

Sosa / Mendick 

Rotation: Cease, Rodon, Lynn, Giolito, Clevenger / Kopech 

Sounds good to me - too bad it’ll never happen.

48 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm surprised those rooting against him. He's been a top 10 cy young finalist two years in a row, right?

Pitching is what have you done for me lately. Patrick Corbin was a great pitcher for 1 year and got 6/$140 and that was 5 years ago in a much less competitive time for FA.

These numbers aren't really surprising. There was only one surprising move in this whole saga.

Because people want to be proven right on his risky health.

I wanna see Carlos get the bag he rightfully deserves and that the Sox should have given him.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Never gonna happen.

In a world where we can have nice things, give me Rodon - then spend "cheap" money on Gallo and Profar to appease Jerry.

Assume Carlos is $30M and Gallo/Profar are $10M each - you've suddenly got a shored up outfield defense, lefty bats, some rotational depth with, a lefty (an ace to boot!) --- the payroll would be at $218 million, which would currently be 5th in MLB (just behind the Braves, far behind the NY teams and Philly).

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

In a world where we can have nice things, give me Rodon - then spend "cheap" money on Gallo and Profar to appease Jerry.

Assume Carlos is $30M and Gallo/Profar are $10M each - you've suddenly got a shored up outfield defense, lefty bats, some rotational depth with, a lefty (an ace to boot!) --- the payroll would be at $218 million, which would currently be 5th in MLB (just behind the Braves, far behind the NY teams and Philly).

Yea down with that too. It’s funny… for as long as we’ve had glaring holes in the outfield and at second, about 40m has been the solution.

Instead we go spending 40m on bullpen crap that amounts to like 0.7WAR.

So cool.

• Balta1701 changed the title to Rodon to the Yankees, $162 million