Rodon to the Yankees, $162 million

southsider2k5

• Balta1701 changed the title to Rodon to the Yankees, $162 million
1 minute ago, chetkincaid said:

We had Chris Bassitt too 

And we’ll be saying the same thing about Giolito in a year. And then Cease and Kopech. Then maybe Crochet and Noah Schultz and Christian Mena. Sox would always rather err by getting rid of guys than committing to someone and have it blow up in their faces. I suspect they learned the wrong lesson from John Danks.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

And we’ll be saying the same thing about Giolito in a year. And then Cease and Kopech. Then maybe Crochet and Noah Schultz and Christian Mena. Sox would always rather err by getting rid of guys than committing to someone and have it blow up in their faces. I suspect they learned the wrong lesson from John Danks.

Why spend big money on star pitchers when you can instead set that same amount of money on fire by spreading it across multiple mediocre starters + relievers instead? 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Hahn still having his job is comical 

Hahn should have been fired after 2015, 2016, and 2022 at least so far. 

That's three separate times. I know Balta will say he should have been fired 5+ times but we disagree on that. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

One year after the Sox wouldn't give Rodon a QO,he was paid $21,5 million by SF, and guaranteed $162 million by the Yankees. How do these clowns still have power to make baseball decisions?

Remember when the majority of Sox fans were bitching about the Sox bringing Rodon back in 2021 for $3 million?  Now that ended up being a great decision that we will never dare to give hahn or reinsdorf for that matter any credit, right?

4 hours ago, Quin said:

Montas and Rodon in the Yanks rotation.

Dear god so much good talent has been squandered here.

Not giving him the QO was a huge mistake by hahn, should have at least gotten the pick. 

That being said I think 6 years with his injury history is rather stupid by the yanks. 

But I'm happy for Carlos that he got paid. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Not giving him the QO was a huge mistake by hahn, should have at least gotten the pick. 

That being said I think 6 years with his injury history is rather stupid by the yanks. 

But I'm happy for Carlos that he got paid. 

I’m sure they know the Rodon and Judge contracts down the road will be rough but they’re trying to win the World Series in the next few years and they’ll worry about the other s%*# when they get there.

Edited by Rowand44
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowand44 said:

I’m sure they know the Rodon and Judge contracts down the road will be rough but they’re trying to win the World Series in the next few years and they’ll worry about the other s%*# when they get there.

If Rodon gives them 4 good seasons or even 4 good years with two of them only 120 innings due to injury and then blows up the deal would be good but I would be worried rodon blows up his shoulder and never is the same again after 50 innings of the first year and then you pay him for 5 more years without getting anything positive. 

3 hours ago, Dominikk85 said:

If Rodon gives them 4 good seasons or even 4 good years with two of them only 120 innings due to injury and then blows up the deal would be good but I would be worried rodon blows up his shoulder and never is the same again after 50 innings of the first year and then you pay him for 5 more years without getting anything positive. 

aren't these contracts covered by insurance though