Liam Hendriks coming up in trade discussions

Sleepy Harold

2 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Yes Sir, I'm counting on Kelly, Moncada, TA, Eloy, Robert, Grandal, Bummer, Giolito, Clevinger, a TBD 2B, a RF TBD all to have bounce back seasons and propel the SOX to the WS.  Did I leave anyone out?

You need dramatic improvements from Vaughn, a ROY level season from Colas, you left out Kopech and Lynn, and you don't want a bench that is full of below replacement players or any 6.52 ERAs in the bullpen so you have to add Leury and Diekman as well. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

So let's work through this. You've set up basically an 18-20 WAR rotation and a 6 WAR bullpen, this is comparable to the Astros last year as the best rotation in baseball. Optimistically you have set yourself up a 30 WAR lineup, including an average catching performance (big boost from Grandal), a nonterrible 2b, and a couple WAR from a LF.

If all of that were to happen, the White Sox would be comparable in their overall performance to the Yankees and Astros this year. Also, you are 8 WAR behind where the Dodgers were this year.

Literally 0 major injuries, healthier than 2022 Guardiansm, 0 players struggle, the Cy Young list has 4 White Sox pitchers in the top 10, Colas is a contender for the ROY award. That is literally what it takes just to put the White Sox in the conversation for 100 wins - and there is no reason why Cleveland can't be a few games better than they were last year and compete with that. 

At the very least, you've put together a certain Wild Card team through your imaginary "everyone is totally healthy and no one struggles in any way" setup. 

Now I ask you, how likely is it that this team is healthier than the 2022 guardians? That question alone should end this discussion.

In this scenario, Pedro Grifol gets to remove TLR's HoF plaque.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

Dan O’Dowd had a few Hendriks proposals tonight:

Sea- for Kelenic and Flexen

NY- with Crochet for Gleyber

Tex- for Dunning and Josh Smith

Ok experts, any of these sound ok?

First one I'd be down in a heartbeat.

Second one is okayishhhhhhhhhh but tough

third no way

1 hour ago, flavum said:

Dan O’Dowd had a few Hendriks proposals tonight:

Sea- for Kelenic and Flexen

NY- with Crochet for Gleyber

Tex- for Dunning and Josh Smith

Ok experts, any of these sound ok?

Harold would go on a bender and bust multiple times if we got Kelenic.

• Haha 4

Just now, fathom said:

Better not be some type of dump to get McCann and/or EE

Both of those guys have negative trade value. Hendriks is definitely a positive. 

There is a chance we can get both McNeil and McCann out of this. Then the money/value comes back to being similar from both sides. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Better not be some type of dump to get McCann and/or EE

I would rather see him moved for near MLB ready prospects if they move him. If they want to throw in either of those guys as a way to offset money along with those prospects then go for it.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1