Liam Hendriks coming up in trade discussions

Sleepy Harold

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Surprise me Chicago and make that deal while taking on escobars contract or some other contract to make it worth the Mets while. 

That deal (McNeil + Escobar + Alvarez for Liam) would be amazing but Sox would take on money in it, and it leaves NYM without a 2B. It just feels incredibly far fetched in multiple ways. Take out McNeil and maybe we have something the Mets would consider. 

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

Graveman as closer scares the heck out of me. It also makes Bummer your primary set-up man. Good god. 

Yeah. I mean you can only trade Liam for a haul and keep a straight face about trying to win the central in 23. 

• Hawk 1

14 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

That deal (McNeil + Escobar + Alvarez for Liam) would be amazing but Sox would take on money in it, and it leaves NYM without a 2B. It just feels incredibly far fetched in multiple ways. Take out McNeil and maybe we have something the Mets would consider. 

Or Baty is 3rd Baseman, SS Correa (where he freaking should be) and Lindor moves to 2nd as the worst contract in the history of baseball (it kinda already is even at SS)

I'd trade Eloy in a heartbeat if we had a good offer for him. I've given up on him staying healthy. I traded him to the Marlins for both of my last two offseason plan projects. 

White Sox get: McNeil & Alvarez

Mets get: Eloy & Liam

Done. Heck, if we don't have to cut payroll, then you could go get Conforto. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, striker said:

I'd trade Eloy in a heartbeat if we had a good offer for him. I've given up on him staying healthy. I traded him to the Marlins for both of my last two offseason plan projects. 

giving up 40 HR DH potential doesn't seem wise to me. If he is out of the field...he is going to absolutely mash. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Joshua Strong said:

I think you’re undervaluing both Eloy and Liam

This is not the prorated 40 HR / season, "average" OF, Eloy, from 2019...this is the current 40 HR total in his last 3 seasons combined DH, Eloy.  The #1 prospect in baseball who also happens to be a catcher (current hole in our lineup) with incredible power and a career .827 OPS 2B coming off a batting title that also plays another position of need while having 2 more years of control...let's not overrate our own guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, striker said:

Mets decline easily

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

33 minutes ago, striker said:

Ehh....Sox could really use Eloy's power.  If he plays 130 games, he could hit 35+ homers. If he plays 150+, he could in the HR chase. If Eloy has a season he is capable of in 2023, his value will be significantly higher than it is right now with still 3 years of pretty cheap control in today's environment after 2023.  I am holding Eloy for sure for the time being.  

• Like 3