Goldilocks baseballs

southsider2k5

4 minutes ago, MackowiakYakYak said:

I hate the Yankees as much as any American lacking brain damage but I've got complete and total respect for Judge. He earned it and I won't take what I'm feeling out on him or Yankees fans. Sure they have everything a fanbase could ask for but I'd be having a bad day if someone told me Timmy's Field of Dreams home run was off a ball juiced just for him. The situation sucks for everyone.

I am tired of capitalists taking obscene amounts of money at the expense of our dignities. Sure we are White Sox fans and have no dignity to begin with but it feels especially pathetic to be a baseball romantic anymore. The sport has likely never been what I imagined it to be. I can accept that. Still I feel that we lose more of baseball's aesthetics every year. Seeing the strike zone sucks. Having gambling shoved in our faces sucks (RIP sports radio). If I have to watch the pitch clock tick down behind the batter that will suck more than anything.

To get to the point, Manfred juiced the Judge balls because he wanted the money. It is as simple as that. That's why they rolled the goldilocks balls out for the important games. Manfred wants to create the best product for advertisers. I can deal with change and would accept pitch clocks and robot strike zones. Those two things on their own would be manageable. Everyone's got their breaking point and to me its when the billionaires decide they want a specific player to break a record. This sucks. I'm too young to be acting this old.

Couldn't agree more, it's not Judge's fault and nothing against him, seems like a helluva dude, he deserves better than to have this crap connected to him.  Funny you mention the FOD game, I didn't realize how much I hated the on screen zone until they didn't have it up for that game, less distracting to the eye, give me the K zone after the fact, but during live play it's super distracting to me and takes my attention away from the hitter and pitcher.  One thing that Hawk said has always stuck with me, watch the player not the ball, really hard for me to do that with the zone on screen. 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Couldn't agree more, it's not Judge's fault and nothing against him, seems like a helluva dude, he deserves better than to have this crap connected to him.  Funny you mention the FOD game, I didn't realize how much I hated the on screen zone until they didn't have it up for that game, less distracting to the eye, give me the K zone after the fact, but during live play it's super distracting to me and takes my attention away from the hitter and pitcher.  One thing that Hawk said has always stuck with me, watch the player not the ball, really hard for me to do that with the zone on screen. 

That Hawk quote is great and you summed up my thoughts pretty well. Real fans know the strike zone doesn't exist and its just a trick the pitcher and catcher play on the umpire.