White Sox pick Nick Avila in Rule 5

southsider2k5

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Sure. How do you plan to get rid of him? He's on a major league guaranteed contract. Cutting him on opening day costs $4.5 million. 

I said ideally. Obviously the Sox won’t cut him. Dude has averaged 5+ walks per nine for six straight years. Ideally they wouldn’t have traded for him in the first place

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Gallo is a plus defender in RF right? If so, I probably put Colas in LF.

Colas is also a plus defender in right.  Whichever way you go, you can't be wrong.  Also, I like that Oscar throws lefty. That's a sizable advantage in right.

On 12/7/2022 at 2:25 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

I like it!  I hate Hahn a little bit less now!

If you thought Hendriks might be traded picking up arms could solidify taking that position. Everyone moves up a notch. Lopez, Graveman, Bummer , Lambert then the rest. Avila,Kelly, Diekman, Ruiz. Crochet either put in the minors upon his return in August. Barring any trades of course if Hendriks goes.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

He is worth a chance. Wish  we had taken a couple more. Set up a competition from the beginning.  With the cost of pitching, even having to keep on a roster, league minimum arms have some value.   If they look good but you have no room, flip ‘em   

Edited by BamaDoc