Joey Gallo Rumor Thread

Chicago White Sox

How excited would you by his addition?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Select your excitement 1 to 10

26 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Other than he’s historically been a quality defensive OF where Sheets ranked as one of the worst.

Yeah, Gallo is an actual OF whereas Sheets is an abomination anywhere you put him on the diamond.  I’d happily take Gallo sucking over Sheets sucking at basically everything. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They need the power and OBP. 

Gallo’s shortened 2019 season was the only year he was a high obp guy. 2021 was his best full season at .351…that’s Benintendi’s career average obp. Gallo’s sits at a poor .325

Obviously the 20+ more HR’s Gallo will hit would be nice, which why I said I won’t be mad, but I’d be lying if I said I’m not a little scared of Gallo. I can’t do another Adam Dunn. 

Edited by TheFutureIsNear
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Gallo’s shortened 2019 season was the only year he was a high obp guy. 2021 was his best full season at .351…that’s Benintendi’s career average obp. Gallo’s sits at a poor .325

Obviously the 20+ more HR’s Gallo will hit would be nice, which why I said I won’t be mad, but I’d be lying if I said I’m not a little scared of Gallo. I can’t do another Adam Dunn. 

If Adam Dunn could run & play defense like Gallo, he would have been a much better player. For as frustrating as this type of hitter is for some people, Gallo's well rounded enough to still offer value beyond just his bat.

• Like 4

I just wrote an article arguing for Joey Gallo's fit on the White Sox, if anyone's interested. I think any Sox fan might enjoy, but I tried particularly hard to convince people who don't want him why it's a good idea

https://www.soxon35th.com/joey-gallos-risk-is-worth-the-potential-reward-for-the-white-sox/

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Isn’t this what Sheets does for league minimum?  Big, suck, lefty, runs into a few pure luck sometimes?

One difference is Gallo can play defense. I mean - I don't hate it - on its own it isn't good. But its better than just rolling Sheets out there. I can't accept another season with 1B playing the corner outfield spots with a team built around pitching.  Recipe for DISASTER. And if nothing else - maybe the removal of the shift will be good for him.  I mean - it isn't like he had some injury derail him - he just got to NY and got into a funk. Its kind of weird for guys to fall off a cliff like that at 27/28 (and he's only 29 now).  

But yeah - low standards at this point.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2Deep said:

Give me Joey gallo.

He will walk a lot, he will strike out a lot, he will play solid D, he bats lefty, most importantly he will hit a lot of homeruns......

Something we did not do last year. Homeruns win games

Also something Gallo did not do last year.

He may walk a lot, but his OBP is not good.

Signing Gallo is rabbit's foot stuff.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Like 1