Xander to the Padres - 11yrs 280M

maxjusttyped

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Remarkable that the Padres are in the 28th (I believe) largest media market in baseball yet they're able to load their roster up with stars.

meanwhile, we're over here wondering if Jerry would allow Hahn to spend ~10M on Gallo. What a joke.

Yes.  It’s not that the Sox can’t, it’s that they won’t.  They refuse to.  It’s down right infuriating at this point. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I don’t know what to think of this and it probably makes no sense. I know he had baggage but could Sox go after him. 

Padres announcers raved about Ha-Seong Kim a lot last season, and they hinted that he would be the everyday SS in 23 even after Tatis returned.  Bogerts is obviously a good get, so maybe they trade Kim.  Or perhaps they’ve soured on Tatis altogether and look to trade him too?  I imagine somebody would take a chance that he gets his head on straight and returns to MVP form. 

Edited by Tnetennba

Gonna be an awful deal in come 2028-2029, but if the Padres can get a WS or two…you make that deal every day. Props to the Padres for actually pushing the chips to the center of the table. All you can ask for from ownership. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'll take Xander on this deal over whatever Josh Harrison equivalent the Sox sign for 1 year 5M without thinking twice.

This is basically 40 million a year for 7 years. Xander isn't gonna be productive with his profile at 37-38 years old. 

This is one deal I look at and am happy the sox wouldn't make. Interested to see what Swanson gets, wouldn't be shocked to see him outperform Xander next 5 years.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Xander to the Padres - 11yrs 280M