Xander to the Padres - 11yrs 280M

maxjusttyped

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This is basically 40 million a year for 7 years. Xander isn't gonna be productive with his profile at 37-38 years old. 

This is one deal I look at and am happy the sox wouldn't make. Interested to see what Swanson gets, wouldn't be shocked to see him outperform Xander next 5 years.

He wouldn't have been my top choice in free agency, but star players are dramatically underpaid from an AAV basis relative to everyone else so if my choice is between signing Bogaerts or opting for a role player like the Sox always do it's a no brainer.

What’s the damned Padres lineup look like now?

CF - Tatis

RF - Soto

SS - Bogarts

3B - Machado

LF - Grishman

2B - Cronenworth

DH - Kim

1B - Dixion

C - Nola

I don’t know their team well enough to project but everything outside of DH and 1B looks unreal.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Timmy and Hendriks to the Dodgers makes so much sense if they really want to unload those guys

Could you imagine Sox winning the power all (or just being a real franchise) and they swing Hendricks and Timmy for major assets (Lux, a good young pitcher and something else or whatever) and than turned around and signed Swanson or Correa and say Benitendi. Boom - back on track! 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

He wouldn't have been my top choice in free agency, but star players are dramatically underpaid from an AAV basis relative to everyone else so if my choice is between signing Bogaerts or opting for a role player like the Sox always do it's a no brainer.

I'd take under 20 total WAR throughout the tenure of this deal.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I don't understand why you'd do that and not just commit to another rebuild/tank at that point

They are desperate to change the vibe w/o spending or completely pulling the plug.  Another half-assed off-season aiming for the middle. 

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Could you imagine Sox winning the power all (or just being a real franchise) and they swing Hendricks and Timmy for major assets (Lux, a good young pitcher and something else or whatever) and than turned around and signed Swanson or Correa and say Benitendi. Boom - back on track! 

If only dreams were real.

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

If we are in fantasy land, I’ll just go back in time a few years, best Philly’s offers for Harper and Wheeler, leak the TLR DUI before the hire was announced so he withdraws his name, hire Hinch, and lock up Rodon while I’m at it.  

• Love 1
  • Fire 2

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'd take under 20 total WAR throughout the tenure of this deal.

Maybe, but from the Sox perspective, they haven't had a 2nd basemen go above 2 WAR in 17 years. I'm very confident Bogaerts can do that. I'm very confident he would help the Sox significantly over the next 3 or 4 years. Beyond that, who the hell cares.

14 minutes ago, hi8is said:

CF - Tatis

RF - Soto

SS - Bogarts

3B - Machado

LF - Grishman

2B - Cronenworth

DH - Kim

1B - Dixion

C - Nola

I don’t know their team well enough to project but everything outside of DH and 1B looks unreal.

Kim is not gonna DH. At worst he moves to 2B and Cronenworth becomes a utility player. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Yes.  It’s not that the Sox can’t, it’s that they won’t.  They refuse to.  It’s down right infuriating at this point. 

Some owners are in it to win, and some are in it to make money and further enrich themselves. 

Maybe it’s time that we all switched our fandom to a team with an owner who actually wants to win. 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, hi8is said:

CF - Tatis

RF - Soto

SS - Bogarts

3B - Machado

LF - Grishman

2B - Cronenworth

DH - Kim

1B - Dixion

C - Nola

One thing about this though is that their outfield defense would suck. Tatis and Soto aren’t good defensively. I guess it doesn’t matter that much when you can outslug everyone. 

6 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Can’t wait for their spend nothing plan to crash and burn.  Sell the fucking team already JR…

JR's quote after receiving award for philanthropic excellence "Really I'm sincere when I say the best thing you can do when you own a sports team is do things in the community"  "It's so much more important than winning a baseball game, which is good because we don't win that many"

This my friends is what we have to look forward to, an owner that really doesn't want to win.....great!

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Xander to the Padres - 11yrs 280M