TA likes ominous tweet: The trade Anderson thread

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I mean if starting SS's are now a $300 million commodity in baseball, we might as well trade TA now, and I love the guy. 

I mean, he's gotta be salivating at these deals.  And I can't blame him one bit. 

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

Possibility based on his comment.

He  stated "its a 100% possibility" which I don't think is exactly what he meant, but could definitely be read that there is a 100% chance he's getting traded. But yeah, I was nit picking. 

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He's a $250 to 300 million player if all of these other guys are.

The last 2 guys to sign were at $280 and $300 million ($340 offered). Last year Turner was a 6.3 fWAR player and Bogaerts was 6.1. Tim Anderson's absolute best season so far in his career is 4.7 fWAR. Tim Anderson is clearly not on the same level as these players and this is a pretty substantial exaggeration of the value of a White Sox lpayer. 

Swanson is much more relevant to Anderson. Swanson has mostly been "slightly worse than Anderson" as he was similar to TA in the brief 2020, he was a 3.4 WAR player in 2021 - so that's slightly worse than Anderson, but then he dropped a 6.4 WAR season last year. If Timmy returned to a 4.5 WAR season next year and the year after, he would be hitting FA several years older than Swanson is, without the same peak as Swanson in the year before FA, but with more consistency.

If Tim remains a 3-4 WAR player the next 2 years, he may still get less than Swanson because of his age at the time of FA, but he may balance that out with more consistency. If he continues dropping off or has another major injury, then perhaps Swanson still outearns him.

If Tim wants to drop a 6 WAR season somewhere in there, then more power to him and we can just enjoy how good the season is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

The last 2 guys to sign were at $280 and $300 million ($340 offered). Last year Turner was a 6.3 fWAR player and Bogaerts was 6.1. Tim Anderson's absolute best season so far in his career is 4.7 fWAR. Tim Anderson is clearly not on the same level as these players and this is a pretty substantial exaggeration of the value of a White Sox lpayer. 

Swanson is much more relevant to Anderson. Swanson has mostly been "slightly worse than Anderson" as he was similar to TA in the brief 2020, he was a 3.4 WAR player in 2021 - so that's slightly worse than Anderson, but then he dropped a 6.4 WAR season last year. If Timmy returned to a 4.5 WAR season next year and the year after, he would be hitting FA several years older than Swanson is, without the same peak as Swanson in the year before FA, but with more consistency.

If Tim remains a 3-4 WAR player the next 2 years, he may still get less than Swanson because of his age at the time of FA, but he may balance that out with more consistency. If he continues dropping off or has another major injury, then perhaps Swanson still outearns him.

If Tim wants to drop a 6 WAR season somewhere in there, then more power to him and we can just enjoy how good the season is. 

We can talk when he hits free agency.

• Like 1