TA likes ominous tweet: The trade Anderson thread

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

Lol imagine getting rid of Tim Anderson and Abreu in the same offseason. How stupid could this franchise get?

They have done a lot of stupid things so it honestly wouldn’t be that surprising. I love TA, but looking at the contracts these shortstops are getting, there is zero chance he will get that money here unless Jerry Reinsdorf is no longer on this Earth. So trading him for a haul now and reloading might not be the worst idea.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He  stated "its a 100% possibility" which I don't think is exactly what he meant, but could definitely be read that there is a 100% chance he's getting traded. But yeah, I was nit picking. 

Sorry, I worded that like a dumbass. Nothing I know if pending, but they are listening, I and would be happy to move him. 1 addition by subtraction. 2 his value is probably at its peak today, higher after Swansom signs.I believe I said on here right after his last injury he would not be back with the team the rest of the season and i believed he played his last game in Chicago. People can vouch that I've called this going back now. And long before his personal issues, and I am not referencing anything to do with that. I would put him almost as likely to be the Sox SS in 2023 as he is in ATL or LA. He is 100% not untouchable or not I  discussions. That "like" is no coincidence.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Pal said:

Sorry, I worded that like a dumbass. Nothing I know if pending, but they are listening, I and would be happy to move him. 1 addition by subtraction. 2 his value is probably at its peak today, higher after Swansom signs.I believe I said on here right after his last injury he would not be back with the team the rest of the season and i believed he played his last game in Chicago. People can vouch that I've called this going back now. And long before his personal issues, and I am not referencing anything to do with that. I would put him almost as likely to be the Sox SS in 2023 as he is in ATL or LA. He is 100% not untouchable or not I  discussions. That "like" is no coincidence.

LA would be a good trade fit. Get Lux, Outman and Pepiot ASAP.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

LA would be a good trade fit. Get Lux, Outman and Pepiot ASAP.

Problem is one guy is currently penciled into a middle infield spot (if Dodgers signed a SS, he would be at 2B) and one is currently penciled into the OF, along with Trayce Thompson.

I don’t think Muncy sees a starting job at either 2B or 3B and Chris Taylor is semi-regular bench player. They are thin.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

4 minutes ago, Pal said:

Appreciate the clarification!

That would certainly mix things up.  Hope they're able to get a haul. 

To be honest, I think the Sox should play for being in the best position they can be for 2025. We aren’t winning anything the next two years. Astros are too good, and too many other AL teams are better now and in a better position for the future. What I’m trying to say…sell the team, Jerry.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I think LA takes that deal, especially if they don't end up with Correa. 

I think they'll look at the White Sox trying to include Lux and realize it's not a smart setup for either of them. They'll push to have something else in Lux's place. 

The Dodgers aren't going to be desperate enough to make their big league roster worse in order to add Anderson. Pepiot I'm not sure, they do have a pitching need next year too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I think LA takes that deal, especially if they don't end up with Correa. 

I've heard from a LAD friend that they really don't want to give up Lux and prolly would offer Busch instead who is really more of a 1B than 2B and that doesn't help us really.

On the other hand, we don't care about defense so maybe RH will be fine with Busch if they add in something else on top of him, Pepiot and Outman.

Edited by SoCalChiSox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I've heard from a LAD friend that they really don't want to give up Lux and prolly would offer Busch instead who is really more of a 1B than 2B and that doesn't help us really.

If we are being smart about this, something like Anderson and Hendriks to them for Andy Pages and Gavin Stone is an interesting concept as it's two guys the Dodgers aren't likely to rely heavily on this year as big league contributors but who each have substantial value. The Dodgers seem really unlikely to give up pieces that they can't replace without doing more trades, unless there's a FA option available comparable to Lux?

You might be able to work something in where they give up a lesser prospect in exchange for taking Moncada's deal on. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

If we are being smart about this, something like Anderson and Hendriks to them for Andy Pages and Gavin Stone is an interesting concept as it's two guys the Dodgers aren't likely to rely heavily on this year as big league contributors but who each have substantial value. The Dodgers seem really unlikely to give up pieces that they can't replace without doing more trades, unless there's a FA option available comparable to Lux?

You might be able to work something in where they give up a lesser prospect in exchange for taking Moncada's deal on. 

Need way more than that if you’re giving up both Anderson and Hendriks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Pal said:

addition by subtraction 😂

the teams record without anderson the past few years is like 15 games under 500, with him they're like 40 games over. addition by subtraction is the funniest s%*# i've read here in a long time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1