TA likes ominous tweet: The trade Anderson thread

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

What kind of fan backlash would signing Correa result in?

Correa being on the cheating scandal team that beat the Dodgers. 

I’ll find the post when I get back home. It may not have been the GM but it was someone from the organization I believe (saw it on MLBTR citing Ken Rosenthal).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

addition by subtraction 😂

the teams record without anderson the past few years is like 15 games under 500, with him they're like 40 games over. addition by subtraction is the funniest s%*# i've read here in a long time.

Well to be fair, numbers aren't really your thing, Ray.  This is higher math we  are dealing with.....Pal.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Pal and Green-Konerko venturing into the same Gyro shop for their inside scoops.

LOL I was wondering when Ray Ray would enter the thread. Pal is his mortal enemy on here, moreso because his patented "pal" line doesn't have the same effect on him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I’ll find the post when I get back home. It may not have been the GM but it was someone from the organization I believe (saw it on MLBTR citing Ken Rosenthal).

it wasn't given a citation about how Rosenthal knew that, but he does have some credibility in these matters I believe. 

28 minutes ago, Pal said:

Sorry, I worded that like a dumbass. Nothing I know if pending, but they are listening, I and would be happy to move him. 1 addition by subtraction. 2 his value is probably at its peak today, higher after Swansom signs.I believe I said on here right after his last injury he would not be back with the team the rest of the season and i believed he played his last game in Chicago. People can vouch that I've called this going back now. And long before his personal issues, and I am not referencing anything to do with that. I would put him almost as likely to be the Sox SS in 2023 as he is in ATL or LA. He is 100% not untouchable or not I  discussions. That "like" is no coincidence.

Braves make a ton of sense and have a ton of talent

28 minutes ago, Quin said:

Even if he has, that's the biggest middle finger to the fanbase possible after letting Abreu walk.

I’m sitting here thinking about how toxic that clubhouse must have been for them to show Jose Abreu the door and for rumors to be swirling that TA is next.  Players are people too but WTF?  These players all seemed tight AF playing for Ricky, and after 2 years of TLR everything goes to s%*# and faces of the franchise have supposedly worn out their welcome?  Something doesn’t add up here. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tnetennba said:

I’m sitting here thinking about how toxic that clubhouse must have been for them to show Jose Abreu the door and for rumors to be swirling that TA is next.  Players are people too but WTF?  These players all seemed tight AF playing for Ricky, and after 2 years of TLR everything goes to s%*# and faces of the franchise have supposedly worn out their welcome?  Something doesn’t add up here. 

to be fair, everyone who wants to get paid has worn out their welcome for the White Sox.

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Why do I feel like this is all going to unfold in a lengthy, 20 minute read by James Fegan about how fallout from Yermin's 3-0 home run caused an irreparable fissure in the clubhouse that festered and continued to grow until things just completely fell apart.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Like I said earlier, TA is going to be worth a s%*# ton more on the open market than the Sox are going to be willing to extend him for.  If they don't want him here long term, deal him now while the pressure is off anyway.  Deal him and Gio for the same reason.

If we are going to act like Oakland on the FA market, no reason to keep pretending to be contenders.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I saw tweets suggesting the same.  Dodgers supposedly worried about fan backlash. 

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Why do I feel like this is all going to unfold in a lengthy, 20 minute read by James Fegan about how fallout from Yermin's 3-0 home run caused an irreparable fissure in the clubhouse that festered and continued to grow until things just completely fell apart.

I mean the writing has been on the wall forever now. It is really really obvious this team was just destroyed internally by the end of last year.

• Like 2
  • TLR 1