TA likes ominous tweet: The trade Anderson thread

13 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If we are being smart about this, something like Anderson and Hendriks to them for Andy Pages and Gavin Stone is an interesting concept as it's two guys the Dodgers aren't likely to rely heavily on this year as big league contributors but who each have substantial value. The Dodgers seem really unlikely to give up pieces that they can't replace without doing more trades, unless there's a FA option available comparable to Lux?

You might be able to work something in where they give up a lesser prospect in exchange for taking Moncada's deal on. 

Hardest pass of all time on that deal. 

25 minutes ago, flavum said:

To be honest, I think the Sox should play for being in the best position they can be for 2025. We aren’t winning anything the next two years. Astros are too good, and too many other AL teams are better now and in a better position for the future. What I’m trying to say…sell the team, Jerry.

Why stop at 2025? I say 2030. Maybe 2035? That should be enough time for this front office to rebuild. 

• Haha 1

Another feather in this franchise's hat, 

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I’m sitting here thinking about how toxic that clubhouse must have been for them to show Jose Abreu the door and for rumors to be swirling that TA is next.  Players are people too but WTF?  These players all seemed tight AF playing for Ricky, and after 2 years of TLR everything goes to s%*# and faces of the franchise have supposedly worn out their welcome?  Something doesn’t add up here. 

Not just the clubhouse but the franchise is toxic. Its run by a cheap owner who cant afford nice things, and a front office which at this point is beyond accountability. Is anyone held accountable for hiring TLR who was never held accountable? TLR would hav e been back next year if his health wasnt failing.

It's no wonder our franchise players either cant wait to leave now or are being shown the door. TA being traded is holding him accountable for his actions, wearing out his welcome, but it seems this only applies to players?

f*** this garbage ass franchise. Easily nothing more vomit inducing than this group of people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

Why do I feel like this is all going to unfold in a lengthy, 20 minute read by James Fegan about how fallout from Yermin's 3-0 home run caused an irreparable fissure in the clubhouse that festered and continued to grow until things just completely fell apart.

Stupid fucking TLR.  If not the Yermin incident it would have been something else later.  He was always a terrible fit with these players.  We shouldn’t be surprised by whatever dirty laundry gets aired out this winter after half of these guys are traded. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Stupid fucking TLR.  If not the Yermin incident it would have been something else later.  He was always a terrible fit with these players.  We shouldn’t be surprised by whatever dirty laundry gets aired out this winter after half of these guys are traded. 

Yep.  A literal worst case scenario and waste of two premium seasons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I’m sitting here thinking about how toxic that clubhouse must have been for them to show Jose Abreu the door and for rumors to be swirling that TA is next.  Players are people too but WTF?  These players all seemed tight AF playing for Ricky, and after 2 years of TLR everything goes to s%*# and faces of the franchise have supposedly worn out their welcome?  Something doesn’t add up here. 

Hahn et al blaming the players for the toxic culture ->

mrb-singularity-f1.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 2

9 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Jerry and TLR mad that TA and Gio were consulted first about the City Connect jerseys.

My guess is his "like" has more to do more with guys not named TA getting paid than it does Tim hearing rumors that he is being shopped.  

Hell, I imagine he has approached the Sox about an extension and would love to get dealt if it meant an increased chance in him getting a new deal.

Tim took the guaranteed, set-for-life money.  But there was zero chance he would be content the second he outplayed said contract.  That is one downside to these deals from the club's perspective, even when they work.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Quin said:

Why do I feel like this is all going to unfold in a lengthy, 20 minute read by James Fegan about how fallout from Yermin's 3-0 home run caused an irreparable fissure in the clubhouse that festered and continued to grow until things just completely fell apart.

Whatever happened to good old Yermin? Also, if the Sox clubhouse fell apart beacuse of drama surrounding that dude and TLR then this group of guys was never going to win anything significant anyways.  

Just now, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Bogaerts, 29: 34.9 career WAR

Turner, 29: 29.7

Correa, 27: 39.5

Anderson, 29: 18.2

Sorry, TA is not on these guys’ level

Perhaps not but he's still going to get well over 100m on his next deal and it won't be here so we might as well restock the cupboard now rather than getting nothing later.

4 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Whatever happened to good old Yermin? Also, if the Sox clubhouse fell apart beacuse of drama surrounding that dude and TLR then this group of guys was never going to win anything significant anyways.  

He got picked up by the Giants midseason and did get a short stint with their big league team. He was released in October and is a free agent unless someone signed him recently.