TA likes ominous tweet: The trade Anderson thread

55 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Lol imagine getting rid of Tim Anderson and Abreu in the same offseason. How stupid could this franchise get?

Apples and Oranges

Abreu was a 4 win player last year and arguably the glue that held this island of misfit toys together

TA was a 2 win shortstop who has off the field/clubhouse issues, who's one trick is hitting for average

I was/am pissed that Abreu is gone, I wouldn't mind in the slightest if TA was traded, in fact I kind of want it to happen because we could probably get a decent haul in an overpay

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, LittleHurtCG said:

What manager in the history of baseball was getting the White Sox past Houston in 2021? 

With an average White Sox manager throughout the season, the White Sox and Astros are heading into a game 5 matchup at the Rate with either Lynn or Giolito on mount with full rest at the very worst. I can give you a managerial flop that was a major factor in each loss of that series - they may not all have turned to wins, but there was a good reason to believe they should have been better in each of the games they lost. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

With an average White Sox manager throughout the season, the White Sox and Astros are heading into a game 5 matchup at the Rate with either Lynn or Giolito on mount with full rest at the very worst. I can give you a managerial flop that was a major factor in each loss of that series - they may not all have turned to wins, but there was a good reason to believe they should have been better in each of the games they lost. 

This is a bunch of word salad nonsense. You could say the same thing about any manager and different outcomes in like 80% of all postseason series. 

• Fire 1
  • TLR 1

6 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Apples and Oranges

Abreu was a 4 win player last year and arguably the glue that held this island of misfit toys together

TA was a 2 win shortstop who has off the field/clubhouse issues, who's one trick is hitting for average

I was/am pissed that Abreu is gone, I wouldn't mind in the slightest if TA was traded, in fact I kind of want it to happen because we could probably get a decent haul in an overpay

Tim averages 57 extra base hits per 162 - you would classify that as someone "who's one trick is hitting for average"? I certainly don't. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I think I'm done as an active fan. God speed to those still hanging on. I'm too old for this s%*#.

I feel your pain and as well have become less active the longer I see how this organization operates. I think back to the days of Bill Veeck and smile.

Edited by Saufley
  • Fire 1

It's probably a great time to trade TA.  The Sox could get a very nice return for him.  I doubt he's here past when the Sox have control over him anyway.

His star seemed to have fallen in Chicago.  To me, he just doesn't seem like THAT guy anymore.  I like him, but if they Sox can get a haul for him, pull the trigger.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Apples and Oranges

Nah. I've never seen anyone embrace the southside culture like Tim has. He is the face of the franchise. A great player worth even more because what he brings alongside him. And well he may not be perfect, he goes out and hangs with kids in the projects on his off days because he thinks it the right thing to do. Would be a real slap in the face to the fans to trade your two stars. Being the lone person to play with energy has somehow made him a clubhouse cancer, apparently.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

Nah. I've never seen anyone embrace the southside culture like Tim has. He is the face of the franchise. A great player worth even more because what he brings alongside him. And well he may not be perfect, he goes out and hangs with kids in the projects on his off days because he thinks it the right thing to do. Would be a real slap in the face. Being the lone person to play with energy has somehow made him a clubhouse cancer, apparently.

Of all of the people to get crapped on in this organization for his off of the field actions, I have no idea why TA is the guy that gets picked.  Well I guess I do, but that is a whole different thing that would cause so many meltdowns it isn't even worth it.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Of all of the people to get crapped on in this organization for his off of the field actions, I have no idea why TA is the guy that gets picked.  Well I guess I do, but that is a whole different thing that would cause so many meltdowns it isn't even worth it.

Go on

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Haven’t you done this I quit thing a few times 

They will pull me back in eventually but for now I'm done and it's reflected in my post count here since the trade deadline. Think I've made maybe half a dozen. I really just don't care about this club.

I didn't bother to post on it until now but Hahn's comment about how they were projected to runaway with the division so they didn't sign anybody big last year really, and I mean really, pissed me the f*** off.

PROJECTIONS LIKE THAT ARE WHEN YOU GO ALL IN YOU ARROGANT f***. STOP TREATING YOUR FANS LIKE IDIOTS.