TA likes ominous tweet: The trade Anderson thread

8 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Thank you. I got some Blockbuster video stores and FTX tokens to sell to anyone who thinks another rebuild with Hahn and JR as owner is a good idea. 

No more tanking! It doesn't work for organizations like the White Sox! 

I can't believe someone is so damned protective of literal mediocrity.    This is the putting money into CDs point of view because eventually interest rates will go up.

30 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

How has he worn out his welcome? Maybe it’s because I’m an out of town fan and I miss out on stuff, but I really don’t understand the dislike for TA. Are people really on their high horses pretending to care about what he does in his personal life? Is there something else I’m missing? 
There’s like 6 pages of people crying about the idea of trading a soon to be 34 year old closer (Hendriks), but the idea of trading out 29 year old all-star shortstop gets everyone on board? Someone explain please 

That phrase I still don't quite understand.  But honestly I think it speaks more to the toxic org than the player.  We don't really know what went on in the clubhouse, but something was very wrong.  But since we know the asshats in charge aren't being replaced or changing their ways, they will replace certain players deemed 'problematic'.  I really can't make those sentiments make sense any other way.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Is this what you are hearing too? (I think you were a poster with a connection)

I haven’t heard anything to change my mind that he could be moved for a number of reasons. I reached out to Pal and a few others and they agreed (this was months ago)

Edited by fathom

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If they didn't have home field advantage, I would have done Giolito and then Cease in games 1-2. Then again, I was also saying that they needed to prioritize the 2 seed all the way back in August for that reason. 

Players didn't do their jobs when they were put in impossible situations. In 2021, Garrett Crochet's ERA on 0 days rest was 9.82. If he's asked to pitch on 0 days rest and his ERA in that situation is 9.82, is it his fault he gave up a run?  

Giolito pitched game 2 though and didn't do well. He pitched 4.1 innings and you wanted him pulled way before that. Cease pitched 1.2 innings in game 3 at home and got absolutely destroyed. Sounds like a good way to absolutely destroy your bullpen in games 1 and 2. 

It was an impossible situation for the Sox players to hit a severaly injured Lance McCullers? 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

Just want to point out TA has played in just under 69% (nice) of Sox games over the last four seasons. Not exactly a player who is showing a strong durability factor. Look, he’s a good player, but I don’t consider him an untradeable guy. If the Sox want to make a good old fashioned baseball trade with him involved, go ahead and do it. If it’s just for “he’s gotta go” reasons, then I’d be more on board with seeing what a new coaching staff can bring out of TA. 

• Like 5
  • Hawk 1

1 minute ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Giolito pitched game 2 though and didn't do well. He pitched 4.1 innings and you wanted him pulled way before that. Cease pitched 1.2 innings in game 3 at home and got absolutely destroyed. Sounds like a good way to absolutely destroy your bullpen in games 1 and 2. 

It was an impossible situation for the Sox players to hit a severaly injured Lance McCullers? 

That's fine! Not only was that coming after nearly a week off, but then there was an offday after game 2. Literally all you needed was 1 win out of those 2 games to set yourself up, so play like it. 

While we're at it...it was also noted at the time that for a team that would have "had its bullpen destroyed", they had a long man who didn't pitch at all in games 1-2 despite 2 blowouts, Michael Kopech. They could absolutely have used Kopech for 2 innings in game 1 if it were close, rested him game 2, offday after game 2, and then ready to go for 40 pitches again for game 3 if needed. That bullpen pitched 10 innings in those 2 days as it was, without using their best multi-inning reliever, and it didn't destroy them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

If the Sox want to make a good old fashioned baseball trade with him involved, go ahead and do it.

I agree.  But the only one of those I can recall Hahn making was Narvaez for Colome.  

The Dodgers could clearly use Anderson, but they don't really have a lot of young major leaguers to trade.  You'd likely have to get a 3rd team that is rebuilding involved:  Pirates?

Just now, GreenSox said:

I agree.  But the only one of those I can recall Hahn making was Narvaez for Colome.  

The Dodgers could clearly use Anderson, but they don't really have a lot of young major leaguers to trade.  You'd likely have to get a 3rd team that is rebuilding involved:  Pirates?

The Dodgers have a ton of MLB ready prospects you can easily put a deal together on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greek-konerko said:

Dodgers are more desperate they lost like 13 players in fa,must make moves and are on panic mode

Dodgers don't panic. They have a loaded farm system, a great front office, great scouting and development, have money to burn on FA's and a great team that's a little thin on closer ,SS and OF.

I'm actually surprised they played Bellinger so much and gave so many ABs to Gallo also. Guess they were trying to find that old magic too but never happened . Outside of Betts, Trace Thompson was their best OF.

They haven't even started spending yet and they freed up a little over $100M from their payroll.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pal said:

TA going is real. Not saying its pending or anything, but it's a 100% a possibility. He's worn out his welcome. 

I agree right now his actions have caused people to wonder about him with good reason. But keep in mind moving forward the entire Sox ownership situation could change in literally a heart beat. He's still here for another two years I think, that's a long time.

We'll see what happens.

2 hours ago, Pal said:

TA going is real. Not saying its pending or anything, but it's a 100% a possibility. He's worn out his welcome. 

Pal, can you please shed some light on what the organization has grown tired off outside his extra affairs (Or is that the main reason?)

Thanks 

30 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

That phrase I still don't quite understand.  But honestly I think it speaks more to the toxic org than the player.  We don't really know what went on in the clubhouse, but something was very wrong.  But since we know the asshats in charge aren't being replaced or changing their ways, they will replace certain players deemed 'problematic'.  I really can't make those sentiments make sense any other way.  

The suspensions, the "baby mama" allegations, flipping the fans off in Cleveland, his inconsistent play especially in the field and he is seemingly injured every single season sometime multiple times on the IL.

I can understand why some fans feel it may be best to trade him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

Pal, can you please shed some light on what the organization has grown tired off outside his extra affairs (Or is that the main reason?)

Thanks 

Ya don’t ask questions like this and expect an answer.

19 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I want my 401k to add six zeros to it, but I am not going to pretend that investing in crappy companies with awful leadership is going to do it.

Say what now? The Sox shouldn't spend $ to improve the current team because they have awful leadership? But yet that same awful leadership is going to tear everything down and rebuild something greater? 

Just now, LittleHurtCG said:

Say what now? The Sox shouldn't spend $ to improve the current team because they have awful leadership? But yet that same awful leadership is going to tear everything down and rebuild something greater? 

I am quite obviously saying that if you really believe this is going to happen, your sense of make believe is awesome, especially if you still believe in TLR.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

I am quite obviously saying that if you really believe this is going to happen, your sense of make believe is awesome, especially if you still believe in TLR.

Sorry but it wasn't obvious at all. Didn't your guy Rick Hahn say that the $ will be spent? He is a liar now? 

I don't believe in TLR. I'm glad is gone and think the Sox will be much better for it. I was just pushing back against the make believe of some around here that Tony was the sole reason the Sox didn't win against Houston in the ALDS. 

3 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Sorry but it wasn't obvious at all. Didn't your guy Rick Hahn say that the $ will be spent? He is a liar now? 

I don't believe in TLR. I'm glad is gone and think the Sox will be much better for it. I was just pushing back against the make believe of some around here that Tony was the sole reason the Sox didn't win against Houston in the ALDS. 

You don't believe in TLR?  You sure just spent a lot of effort getting demolished protecting him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I think this is nothing more than TA acknowledging the obvious reality that once his options have all been exercised, there's zero chance the Sox offer him enough to keep him here beyond that.

I concur. I bet he is kicking himself a bit for taking that 6 year extension for 25 Million back in 17. He is seeing all these big contracts for other SS and wants a bigger piece of the pie.