TA likes ominous tweet: The trade Anderson thread

24 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Pal, can you please shed some light on what the organization has grown tired off outside his extra affairs (Or is that the main reason?)

Thanks 

Suspensions, injuries, drama. There a couple things I know that he's done that were stupid. Nothing egregious or anything, but things that burn bridges. Again, this is before his private stuff, again I'm not referencing that stuff. Can't imagine that helps things either though. 

• Like 4

Hello all just wanted to reply to this topic I'm sick at home with nothing better to do, so I think we should trade Anderson only if we get top quality back!! Abreu is gone already, there are many on here who say to maximize trade value so now is the time to trade Anderson. Let's not get into the whole racial aspect please... I loved the way Timmy energized the troops but those days are gone. If we can't win now with JR emptying his pockets then we or the Sox have to pivot. Wow so much political correctness here but anyway those are my thoughts. I don't know the prospects we should get but don't just give TA away!! Thanks all for listening.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pal said:

Suspensions, injuries, drama. There a couple things I know that he's done that were stupid. Nothing egregious or anything, but things that burn bridges. Again, this is before his private stuff, again I'm not referencing that stuff. Can't imagine that helps things either though. 

Thanks Pal for all your insight ,it has given me some food for thought thank you sir!!!

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Wait, do you really not know the answer to the question? You are seriously asking it?  Good lord.  I guess I am wasting my time here.

You've asked me a million questions or at least one in every post lol. Hard to keep them all straight.

You never answer direct questions though. Ain't no denying that. Kind of like your guy Rick Hahn. No wonder you stan for him so much. 

3 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Lol imagine getting rid of Tim Anderson and Abreu in the same offseason. How stupid could this franchise get?

Don't challenge them, they always prove they are more stupid than we thought. 

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

addition by subtraction 😂

the teams record without anderson the past few years is like 15 games under 500, with him they're like 40 games over. addition by subtraction is the funniest s%*# i've read here in a long time.

You're a real beat off eh? His presence would be the positive subtraction, there would be a haul coming back to supplement his exit on the field. I didn't know I had to be so literal. And where were you Thanksgiving night when I let the good folks on here know the team was signing a starter? You won't find any time line that had that s%*# before me. By about a day. I'll take my L's but be consistent or f*** off and ignore me.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Pal said:

You're a real beat off eh? His presence would be the positive subtraction, there would be a haul coming back to supplement his exit on the field. I didn't know I had to be so literal. And where were you Thanksgiving night when I let the good folks on here know the team was signing a starter? You won't find any time line that had that s%*# before me. By about a day. I'll take my L's but be consistent or f*** off and ignore me.

PAL PAL PAL!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Pal said:

It would be nice to get the haul and than turn around and sign Swanson.  Upgrade the D, maintain the offense, get more assets. Win WIN WIN.  Even though I am a huge TA fan.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

i'd want nothing to do with whatever contract Swanson gets.

What if the market for 9-11 year deals is done and all that is left is a 5 year deal.  The beauty of having this many free agent shortstops out there is at some point the # of teams that are willing to do this might be reduced.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

i'd want nothing to do with whatever contract Swanson Machado or Harper gets.

Some dudes in 2019.

Swanson isn't as good as them, but he's not gonna look as pricey in a few years, like how Harper looks real affordable now.

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Some dudes in 2019.

Swanson isn't as good as them, but he's not gonna look as pricey in a few years, like how Harper looks real affordable now.

I was all about signing those two. Swanson has had 2 years above 3 WAR counting the shortened 2020).  He's not a 100 milly guy for me. 

1 hour ago, LittleHurtCG said:

I want the Sox to spend $ and go for it not rebuild. How is that literal mediocrity? 

they aren't going for it and spending money, that's the point

at least a rebuild sets you up for the future, and rebuilds the desert that is our farm system

it also cuts payroll so theoretically in 2 to 3 years, you can burn 35-40m/year on a huge all star

Check out the 2025 and 2026 Free Agent class on Spotrac

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/free-agents/2025/outfield/

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/free-agents/2026/outfield/

3 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

at least a rebuild sets you up for the future, and rebuilds the desert that is our farm system

it also cuts payroll so theoretically in 2 to 3 years, you can burn 35-40m/year on a huge all star

:lolhitting

• Like 1

Hahn doesn't have a lot of credibility, but he has said he is not going to drastically reshape the team. Of course, he also said that he would do more with trades than free agency. If he trades Tim, would he do something else with a trade?

I've always thought Tim should quit the macho stuff and concentrate on developing as a standout major league player. Perhaps a different manager can help.  I am not going to speculate further on a tweet.

21 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

It would be nice to get the haul and than turn around and sign Swanson.  Upgrade the D, maintain the offense, get more assets. Win WIN WIN.  Even though I am a huge TA fan.  

As I said in the threads about Gio and Liam, it would be great if the Sox could pull that off, but there isn't even a peep that the Sox have been talking to the FA SS's, and no reason to believe they have.

6 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

I simply can't fathom how this can be serious. 

11 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

All things that were said in 2016, and here we are.

3 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

I think this illustrates why so many of these conversations are going in circles. 

- They aren't going for it and spending money, so might as well rebuild.

- But we don't trust this FO to do the rebuild.

- And the FO office isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so might as well try to go for it and spend money.

🔄🔄🔄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Snopek said:

I think this illustrates why so many of these conversations are going in circles. 

- But we don't trust this FO to do the rebuild.

- And the FO office isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so might as well try to go for it and spend money.

🔄🔄🔄

yup.