TA likes ominous tweet: The trade Anderson thread

Jerry Reinsdorf should be dead in 2-3 years (statistics people), so I don't know what to think. I freaking love TAs swagger and hitting, so I don't really know what to think here. ZERO chance they upgrade to something meaningful...Hahn will totally sign Elvis and try and justify it which is attrocious. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Jerry Reinsdorf should be dead in 2-3 years (statistics people), so I don't know what to think. I freaking love TAs swagger and hitting, so I don't really know what to think here. ZERO chance they upgrade to something meaningful...Hahn will totally sign Elvis and try and justify it which is attrocious. 

Statistically he should have been dead 8 years ago

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I think I'm done as an active fan. God speed to those still hanging on. I'm too old for this s%*#.

Right there with you.  

I'll check in at this place everyday still, but I'm never spending another penny on this team.  Hell, I might not even watch games. 

44 minutes ago, Snopek said:

I think this illustrates why so many of these conversations are going in circles. 

- They aren't going for it and spending money, so might as well rebuild.

- But we don't trust this FO to do the rebuild.

- And the FO office isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so might as well try to go for it and spend money.

- They aren't going for it and spending money, so might as well rebuild.

🔄🔄🔄

Very well put. The Sox are right back to where they were in 2016 it appears. Mired in medioricy.

Too bad the front office here appear to be made men. Who knows how this rebuild would look if JR had just done the prudent thing 6 years ago and sh%t canned Hahn and company. 

1 hour ago, joejoesox said:

they aren't going for it and spending money, that's the point

at least a rebuild sets you up for the future, and rebuilds the desert that is our farm system

it also cuts payroll so theoretically in 2 to 3 years, you can burn 35-40m/year on a huge all star

Check out the 2025 and 2026 Free Agent class on Spotrac

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/free-agents/2025/outfield/

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/free-agents/2026/outfield/

LOL

They had a chance to sign two 26 year old superstars at reasonable prices.  They low balled one and didn't even offer the other.  

THEY WILL NEVER SPEND 

Edited by black jack
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

57 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

He will outlive us all, and the White Sox will still have to be pried from his cold dead hands.

It is fair to question his state of mind and whether KW is running the show. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Tired of the idea that Kenny is a bogeyman when he ran such a better operation in WORSE circumstances than Hahn.

And Kenny was a swing for the fences guy, not a back of the pen and roster guy. He would be draining the system for what he hoped would be front line guys.

• Like 1

Yes, the farm was bad. But if you want to talk about JR hamstringing GMs, he wouldn’t let the Sox sign guys over slot while the Yankees and Red Sox were grabbing much better talents. 

The 2012 cba and later the fixed Intl spending were godsends for a white Sox gm.

And Kenny had things that were elite in the game, like the training staff and pitcher health, and for a while his pro scouting. Hahns never been more than avg across any dimension

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yes, the farm was bad. But if you want to talk about JR hamstringing GMs, he wouldn’t let the Sox sign guys over slot while the Yankees and Red Sox were grabbing much better talents. 

The 2012 cba and later the fixed Intl spending were godsends for a white Sox gm.

And Kenny had things that were elite in the game, like the training staff and pitcher health, and for a while his pro scouting. Hahns never been more than avg across any dimension

Why are we acting like he isn’t part of the organization anymore? “When Kenny ran things…”

He’s Hahn’s boss. If he wanted a better scouting department and training staff, he could have it. 

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Like I said earlier, TA is going to be worth a s%*# ton more on the open market than the Sox are going to be willing to extend him for.  If they don't want him here long term, deal him now while the pressure is off anyway.  Deal him and Gio for the same reason.

If we are going to act like Oakland on the FA market, no reason to keep pretending to be contenders.

Do what the ‘Rays would do.

Couple of thoughts.

If TAs been burning bridges with the Sox it's likely both parties fault. TA being immature and the Sox just being an ass organization.

I'm not convinced the FO would get this trade right or that they wouldn't have this player burning bridges in a few years or just completely check out a la AJ Pollock. Or just one pretty good player and a bunch of fringe guys who may be good but wont be under this orgs leadership.

I'd rather have an impactful controversial player like TA or Correa for that matter than not.

This org needs to be the smartest in the MLB to succeed if they have a paper billionaire owner. They are one of the least smart teams in the MLB and regularly lose impact talent that Hahn is always looking for. Impact talent costs money so fucking get lost because real billionaires who treat this like a hobby play this game now and theres no room for JRs anymore. Take your profit and f*** off already. I'm not big on billionaires existing... such as it is they do. But if I was one I'd sure as f*** love owning an MLB team, signing good players, making a bunch of people happy and maybe winning a championship.

Everyone here deserves way better than this and I frankly dont blame anyone for being interested in other teams because this is the most pukeworthy org i have seen.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1