TA likes ominous tweet: The trade Anderson thread

4 hours ago, fathom said:

I haven’t heard anything to change my mind that he could be moved for a number of reasons. I reached out to Pal and a few others and they agreed (this was months ago)

Considering his production, why would not Moncada be in this boat first? Realistically they’d be selling low. But “a number of reasons”  should make a less productive player more vulnerable than the more productive one.

9 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Considering his production, why would not Moncada be in this boat first? Realistically they’d be selling low. But “a number of reasons”  should make a less productive player more vulnerable than the more productive one.

He is, they just know no one wants him

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pal said:

Sorry, I worded that like a dumbass. Nothing I know if pending, but they are listening, I and would be happy to move him. 1 addition by subtraction. 2 his value is probably at its peak today, higher after Swansom signs.I believe I said on here right after his last injury he would not be back with the team the rest of the season and i believed he played his last game in Chicago. People can vouch that I've called this going back now. And long before his personal issues, and I am not referencing anything to do with that. I would put him almost as likely to be the Sox SS in 2023 as he is in ATL or LA. He is 100% not untouchable or not I  discussions. That "like" is no coincidence.

There is no way they can trade him unless they have a replacement to play SS. They will get skewered by the fans and media if they have to develop a SS or sign someone washed up and waste another year of the window. 

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

There is no way they can trade him unless they have a replacement to play SS. They will get skewered by the fans and media if they have to develop a SS or sign someone washed up and waste another year of the window. 

If they trade TA, there is no window. It’s ovah. And honestly, it probably already is, as painful as that is to admit. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

a smart organization would trade TA for a haul and then replace him with Correa or at least Swanson, but we all know that’s not happening here.

• Like 1

Hahn is like a terrified 16 year old driving on the autobahn. He’s over matched compared to LAD, HOU, BOS, NYY, etc. He doesn’t have the payroll, the scouting, the analytics, the prospects, or the acumen to win high stakes trades/free agency. Maybe not all of it is his fault, but that’s the reality of the situation. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

A lot of them, including him.  Cartaya is their prize prospect, but I doubt they would ever trade him.  If you trade Timmy and Hendriks, you better get their best.  

Sure, but they have a ton of top 100 prospects.  Miller & Busch are both top 50 guys at multiple sites, BA has Pepiot as a top 100 guy.  Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to get Caraya, but he seems like an untouchable.

24 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

a smart organization would trade TA for a haul and then replace him with Correa or at least Swanson, but we all know that’s not happening here.

Naw. A smart organization would hold onto the shortstop they control for 2 years at least until Montgomery is ready and would instead go sign the LH outfielder who is a much better fit at a position where they have no help coming any time soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Here’s what’s going to happen. The Sox will sign no one of any significants. Nimmo and Conforto will sign somewhere else. Reynolds will get traded to a team that will overpay with a couple top 30 prospects  The Sox will make a couple of stupid trades to save money. We will play Sosa at second, Corlas in Right or Left. We’re stuck with Grandal and Seby. They’re going to Trade Hendriks at the trading deadline and maybe even trade Anderson. Because of a decent starting staff, they be right around.500 again  JR, Kenny and Hahn will come up with excuses and have to tear it down and start over. We all know that Robert, Grandal , Jimenez and Moncada will be on the disable list again. They can’t run to 1st base without pulling a hammy. What could of been something  special a few years ago has turned into being the Pirates, Diamond Backs and  Cincinnati. You want dose of reality? Google our 40 man roster and look at the infield and outfield , Corlas is even listed  it’ll make sick  

i

Edited by AJ'S Cousin
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Here’s what’s going to happen. The Sox will sign no one of any significants. Nimmo and Conforto will sign somewhere else. Reynolds will get traded to a team that will overpay with a couple top 30 prospects  The Sox will make a couple of stupid trades to save money. We will play Sosa at second, Corlas in Right or Left. We’re stuck with Grandal and Seby. They’re going to Trade Hendriks at the trading deadline and maybe even trade Anderson. Because of a decent starting staff, they be right around.500 again  JR, Kenny and Hahn will come up with excuses and have to tear it down and start over. We all know that Robert, Grandal , Jimenez and Moncada will be on the disable list again. They can’t run to 1st base without pulling a hammy. What could of been something  special a few years ago has turned into being the Pirates, Diamond Backs and  Cincinnati. You want dose of reality? Google our 40 man roster and look at the infield and outfield , Corlas is even listed  it’ll make sick  

i

It is Colas. Like Cola Colas. Hope that helps. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

2 hours ago, fathom said:

A lot of them, including him.  Cartaya is their prize prospect, but I doubt they would ever trade him.  If you trade Timmy and Hendriks, you better get their best.  

I never included Anderson in any of my trade proposals. I just figured Hendriks might be the only way to free up money. He isn't going to be among the best forever. He should be moved. I haven't advocating moving Gio or TA because I think there's a good chance some guys have significantly better seasons.

If anyone has any better ideas about who you could get for Hendricks to help the team I'm listening. An aging top closer isn't a necessity on a .500 team who can't spend money. Fathom do you want to keep Hendriks and if you're open to moving him then find me someone to move him for.

He would be needed on a team that has a vast amount of improvement from the dreadful seasons last year but how many of those kinds of improvements can we expect ? enough to make the playoffs ? That's always been the question .

Hence the debate, wait it all out , see how they all do and if its enough to flip the script going forward and right the ship or commence selling off the rest of the pieces every time one of them has a good year.

The Sox got nothing for Abreu, Rodon or Cueto. They can't keep receiving nothing for guys who will either fall off because of age or reach Free Agency after crap years like 2022.

Getting nothing leads to the BS farm system along with how poorly they draft and develop and rather play internationally in Cuba and Venezuela than the DR.

After Hendriks is Gio . He's the top wait and see how he does guy vs how the team does . Is it a good or bad thing if he does well and the team does well thus not selling him off. Or is it better that he does well and the Sox are not in contention so you can sell him off ?

I know we all want the Sox to win but ownership isn't exactly making a concerted effort for that to happen.

Since we know they have no intention of spending on this team it's kind of imperative they make trades. It's not the fans fault the Sox screwed everything up. We're just stuck as fans trying to figure out which direction to go and biting each others heads off. It would be nice to see Eloy and Robert have monster years without seeing Eloy in the OF more than a handful of games while at the same time seeing a couple of the rest of the comeback candidates also do very well.

They have to find a way to make the OF defense good again somehow when its highly unlikely they spend on FA wish and prayer OFers. That just leaves young guys acquired in a trade or 2 .

Signs are everywhere they're being ultra stingy. They can't even invest in OF depth when they resign Payton and apparently can't yet close a deal on Victor Reyes.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

5 hours ago, Snopek said:

I think this illustrates why so many of these conversations are going in circles. 

- They aren't going for it and spending money, so might as well rebuild.

- But we don't trust this FO to do the rebuild.

- And the FO office isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so might as well try to go for it and spend money.

- They aren't going for it and spending money, so might as well rebuild.

🔄🔄🔄

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

I find it amusing that some folks still think there is a “window” for this organization. A window to get a 1st round exit or 2, perhaps.

Failing to make the post season in the middle of their so called window pretty much meant the window was closed.  Or was never truly open.  

2 hours ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

i

There's no reason to add him to the 40 man roster now. He'll be added before he makes his MLB debut.

There are open spots on the 40 but there's no hurry to add anyone to it now. We'll have to see how the off season shakes out.They just added the Rule 5 guy they picked up, Avila, and they added  Bryan Ramos and Jose Rodriquez to protect them from the Rule 5 draft.  Ramos and Rodriquez had to be protected because of how long its been since they 1st signed with the Sox depending on their age when they signed.

Colas didn't need protection.