TA likes ominous tweet: The trade Anderson thread

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If you're trading them TA + Hendriks, I want Cartaya+.  Full stop at anything less.

Cartaya + Pepiot/Stone + Outman.

Gives us C of the future (who is blocked by  Will Smith in LAD), a rotation option for 2023 and an OF option for 2023.  Also frees up $25M ($40M in total) to figure out 1 more OF spot, SS and 2B.  

I don't think cartaya happens. I would take my deal over cartaya + pepiot/stone + outman anyway. Rushing is on the way up.

I was the original outman promoter, worth noting that amaya is ranked higher than him.

Despite that, I still said I wouldn't do it.

But i will say mybody rejected the "if the sox do the right hting" scenario where I intended to put swanson at SS not segura at 2b.

The dodgers trade their top guys pretty rarely, and may very well try to preserve their catchers with rotating them at 1b. They sent their top catcher candidate for scherzer/trea turner (who had 1.5 years) so I don't htink a closer/SS of TAs level gets you Cartaya.

And I don't think another org would give you a better package than Vargas.

Unless the Cardinals show up and are throwing around jordan walker or Red Sox throw out Mayer, I'm not sure there is a better team package than the #25/#50 prospects this gets you.

And again, I said no to it, partially because there is no outbidding cubs/giants for swanson.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They wouldn’t, but the Sox have bored even their most knowledgeable fans to the point they spend their time on trade scenerios  that will never happen.

I disagree I think the dodgers would prefer Anderson for talent over Swanson for money.

Friedman likes big game hunting, I don't think he wants to waste $20-$25M/year on a long term deal for a non-star. 

Much more likely they do that insane AAV / short term deal for Correa.

4 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Because the dodgers are a smart enough organization to realize Swanson isn’t worth the money he is going to get 

And they're smart enough to hold onto those prospects rather than spend them on Anderson and Hendriks too. 

• Hawk 1

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

Keep their powder dry. I don't think swanson is the dodgers kinda player. 

Exactly.  The Dodgers aren’t the wild spenders some here think they are.  Yes, they sport massive payrolls and will go hog wild for the right player (see Betts), but Friedman values financial flexibility and would rather go big on a short-term deal than a long-term deal.

Personally, I think some of these concepts the Dodgers would be all over.  They know how to develop talent and would quickly refill the cupboard.  And I agree that Cartaya is probably the one prospect they have that is untouchable.  With their other top prospects, they actually have some redundancy where it doesn’t really hurt them all that much to love them.

My main beef with a Dodgers trade is how the centerpiece would actually fit this team.  Vargas & Busch both have great bats, but neither can really play a position that helps us.  I feel like if you’re trading Anderson, you need to get a legit two-way player that can anchor the trade.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Exactly.  The Dodgers aren’t the wild spenders some here think they are.  Yes, they sport massive payrolls and will go hog wild for the right player (see Betts), but Friedman values financial flexibility and would rather go big on a short-term deal than a long-term deal.

Personally, I think some of these concepts the Dodgers would be all over.  They know how to develop talent and would quickly refill the cupboard.  And I agree that Cartaya is probably the one prospect they have that is untouchable.  With their other top prospects, they actually have some redundancy where it doesn’t really hurt them all that much to love them.

My main beef with a Dodgers trade is how the centerpiece would actually fit this team.  Vargas & Busch both have great bats, but neither can really play a position that helps us.  I feel like if you’re trading Anderson, you need to get a legit two-way player that can anchor the trade.

Tick tock tick tock...

26 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

exactly. The main reason it was hard to pull the trigger.

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Because the dodgers are a smart enough organization to realize Swanson isn’t worth the money he is going to get 

But wouldn't teams that prioritize winning over finances be willing to over pay? 

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Well, he’s vastly superior with the glove, while they’d be settling for below average defense from TA. Unless they think they can fix his ambivalence towards fundamentals

If the Dodgers aren't signing Correa or Swanson, then why hasn't this trade happened already? I assume both teams have heavily scouted each other due to the Kimbrel/Pollock trade (and from what Hi8is said previously), so the framework is likely in place. The free agent market for SS shouldn't matter to them now that Turner and Bogaerts signed.

I dunno, this all just smells of the same BS trade rumor crap we've seen over and over again. When these things happen they come together quickly and rumors don't linger.

Supply and demand are both factors. Rodon needs to go before teams will pivot to Giolito. Correa and Swanson need to go before teams pivot to TA. Whether or not a team is in the market for any of those players, the results of their signing shift the demand, which Hahn would look to maximize. Teams also need to be under a little more pressure to move and there is no pressure on 12/9.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

I don't think cartaya happens. I would take my deal over cartaya + pepiot/stone + outman anyway. Rushing is on the way up.

I was the original outman promoter, worth noting that amaya is ranked higher than him.

Despite that, I still said I wouldn't do it.

But i will say mybody rejected the "if the sox do the right hting" scenario where I intended to put swanson at SS not segura at 2b.

The dodgers trade their top guys pretty rarely, and may very well try to preserve their catchers with rotating them at 1b. They sent their top catcher candidate for scherzer/trea turner (who had 1.5 years) so I don't htink a closer/SS of TAs level gets you Cartaya.

And I don't think another org would give you a better package than Vargas.

Unless the Cardinals show up and are throwing around jordan walker or Red Sox throw out Mayer, I'm not sure there is a better team package than the #25/#50 prospects this gets you.

And again, I said no to it, partially because there is no outbidding cubs/giants for swanson.

Cartaya is the Dodgers best prospect.  He should be included in any trade including both TA and Hendriks.  I am far from some Outman stan, but he does fill some needs.  He is an LH OF, he can play defense and he is MLB ready -- those are very valuable things to the White Sox right now.  Despite part of me dying inside to have listen to Cali tell us how he is the greatest baseball mind of all time until we die if Outman were acquired, he does make some sense as a third piece in these deals.  The middle piece just give one of their close to MLB ready SP prospects - obviously Miller would be best, but seems unlikely we'd get their 2 best prospects which is why I said Pepiot/Stone.  I think its pretty obvious the Sox need to target both LH hitters and guys that aren't butchers in the infield, which is why I avoided Vargas/Busch. An all glove no bat MI like Amaya doesn't do much for me.  We have enough MI prospects.  Obviously moving on from TA creates a huge hole, but if you trade TA/Hendriks, you may as well trade everyone.  Can target a SS in a different deal. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, almagest said:

If the Dodgers aren't signing Correa or Swanson, then why hasn't this trade happened already? I assume both teams have heavily scouted each other due to the Kimbrel/Pollock trade (and from what Hi8is said previously), so the framework is likely in place. The free agent market for SS shouldn't matter to them now that Turner and Bogaerts signed.

I dunno, this all just smells of the same BS trade rumor crap we've seen over and over again. When these things happen they come together quickly and rumors don't linger.

The theory is it's more than just LA in on TA and Hahn believes he has greater return leverage if he waits until Correa and Swanson sign, but If Correa goes to SF and Swanson to the Cubs, I'm not sure who the other team(s) would be that Hahn is playing LA against for Tim's services.  

6 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

The theory is it's more than just LA in on TA and Hahn believes he has greater return leverage if he waits until Correa and Swanson sign, but If Correa goes to SF and Swanson to the Cubs, I'm not sure who the other team(s) would be that Hahn is playing LA against for Tim's services.  

ATL and MN also definitely in the SS market along with LAD, SF and Cubs.  Boston as well.  DBacks could also be a surprise team in the SS trade market.  

Edited by ChiSox59

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

ATL and MN also definitely in the SS market along with LAD, SF and Cubs.  DBacks could also be a surprise team in there.  

Yeah just hit me the Twins are still in the SS hunt.  Would be nice if it wasn't the Cubs and Twins, LA couldn't possibly expect Hahn to be willing to trade TA to either of those squads. 

I don't think trading Tim Anderson alone will get you what you want. He would have to be part of a bigger deal which I don't think the Sox are going to do. It's obvious that the team needs at least one corner outfielder, and that hasn't happened yet. Regardless, I'm not anticipating much at this point. So far, this off season has been a joke.