Jesse Rogers: Sox Sign Benintendi - 5yr / $75M

Chicago White Sox

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m getting a new puppy for the kids today, so the White Sox adding a legit free agent would make it something truly special.

The puppy is for you too my fellow traumatized Sox fan. Enjoy him/her and be ready for the madness, frustration and amazing fun. 

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m getting a new puppy for the kids today, so the White Sox adding a legit free agent would make it something truly special.

Make sure you post a picture of the new pup....it'll probably start another round of people posting their dogs which has 2 great results....it is fun and it drives some posters here crazy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I wouldn't be upset by it.  My level of excitement though is greatly impacted by the suppressed expectations broadcast from 35th & Shields all offseason.  Very curious about the $$.

I’m the same way.  I think there is a mistake element signing someone of his stature to a long-term deal, but at this point any useful player that only costs will have me excited for now.

• Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m the same way.  I think there is a mistake element signing someone of his stature to a long-term deal, but at this point any useful player that only costs will have me excited for now.

Beni is a solid player but unspectacular player.  Better than the scrap heap bargain basement pickup we've been conditioned to expect though.  He isn't an exciting impact signing that healthy orgs trying to win chase after so it is hard to get overly excited by the potential signing.

• Like 1

Just now, Tnetennba said:

Beni is a solid player but unspectacular player.  Better than the scrap heap bargain basement pickup we've been conditioned to expect though.  He isn't an exciting impact signing that healthy orgs trying to win chase after so it is hard to get overly excited by the potential signing.

Didn’t Houston have interest?

• southsider2k5 changed the title to Jesse Rogers: Sox Signing Benintendi
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to Jesse Rogers: Sox Sign Benintendi - 5yr / $75M
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic