Jesse Rogers: Sox Sign Benintendi - 5yr / $75M

Chicago White Sox

4 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

5 for 75….meh give me Gallo instead 

I wouldn't have minded Gallo, but this lineup is already looking at bounce back seasons from 2 of its left handed bats in Grandal and Moncada. Adding a 3rd guy to that list is just a bad idea. I feel like you have a better shot of winning the lottery than all 3 bouncing back. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GradMc said:

I've always liked Andrew.

If Oscar-Oscar comes through, the Sox will have a decent outfield.

Eloy can be perm DH - it's  for his own friggin good.

you should know by now that this team can't figure out such an obvious fact like that, Eloy will absolutely play a little bit of LF throughout the year, I'd put money on it. 

13 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Benny's been above 2 WAR twice in 5 full seasons. Gallo's been above 2 WAR 4 times in 5 full seasons. I think people are putting far too much weight on what happened last year when projecting forward for guys that are still in their respective primes, but oh well.

Hopefully the Sox get Benny done because OF is looking bleak right now outside of him.

Yeah but if you’re getting your info from Fangraphs, Gallos projected WAR in 2023, which is all most of us really care about, is half of ABs. 5 years vs. 1 year, I will give that to you, but we will see. I think the ball is going to have a little more juice in it in 2023.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Don't think so.  This gets it by $2M guaranteed.  Grandal's AAV was higher, tho. 

Oh for some reason I thought Grandal got $78 million. 

Now Hahn gets to say he gave out the biggest deal in Sox history to make it seem like the team is still spending money. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

10D is so meh. 

This is a chicken little move. Taking the floor over the ceiling, while the Twins took the ceiling over the floor. 

I thought the Sox were not signing anyone?  No matter what the Sox did, you'd complain.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Jesse Rogers: Sox Sign Benintendi - 5yr / $75M
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic