Billy Hamilton to Sox as NRI, minor league deal per Merkin

Heads22

5 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I keep seeing people reference the new base running rules. Did I miss a new rule, or are you just referring to the larger bases?

Larger bases mean slightly shorter distance between bases. Also pitcher's limited to only 2 pick off moves for a runner on base. Once you make your 2nd move its off to the races for the runner.

Speeds up the game with the guys that will throw to 1st 3 or more times and gives fast runners license to steal.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Larger bases mean slightly shorter distance between bases. Also pitcher's limited to only 2 pick off moves for a runner on base. Once you make your 2nd move its off to the races for the runner.

Speeds up the game with the guys that will throw to 1st 3 or more times and gives fast runners license to steal.

We might see the most SB in years with that pickoff move.

12 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yep and after pick off attempt number 2 that runner at first can get as big of a lead as they choose before taking off because of the pitcher throws over a 3rd time and does not get the runner he is automatically awarded 2nd base

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Nothing wrong with this. Veteran depth is much needed. Should he NOT make the opening day roster, I imagine he can be optioned since this is a milb deal?

Definitely nothing wrong with this, but I hope we have a better 4th OF in mind to start the season with.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Thank you. I understood the benefit of the larger bases, but I wasn’t sure why people were referring to the plural form of the word “rule”. I forgot about the pickoff attempt rule. 

12 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I got to be honest, I really hate the idea of Leury still being on the team in any capacity.

He was one of the worst players in the history of baseball last year, but he’s a useful bench player if he can hit like he did prior to last year. 

(And if the manager uses him properly)