Want to Impress me Jerry and Rick? Sign Conforto to complete the Outfield

AJ'S Cousin

If you guys really want to make a splash, sign Conforto to a deal, solidify the outfield and show the Northsiders that we are serious also. Clevenger was ok, Benetendi was a step in the right direction. Sign Conforto, leave Corlas in AAA For the 1st. Benitendi, Robert and Conforto in the Outfield is worth at least 4 to 5 wins. 

For what it’s worth, I would love the Sox still adding Conforto. But it’s not gonna happen. Sox aren’t gonna block Colas at this point. I do still think we see another OF added - one that is an improvement on the current options of Reyes, Payton and Billy the Jet, but not a slam dunk starter in RF. Someone who can cover 2B and add an option there as well would be swell. I still think it’s unlikely Colas is up on Opening Day. 

Yeah you can’t sign a LH corner OF’er to a 1 year prove it deal just to block Colas. Is Conforto even that much more of a sure thing over Colas in 2023? Growing pains for Colas vs rust for Conforto. Conforto is probably the safer bet, but I wouldn’t say by a wide margin. 

Sign a RH corner OF’er that can play multiple positions as an insurance/depth/platoon option behind Colas.

5 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Yeah you can’t sign a LH corner OF’er to a 1 year prove it deal just to block Colas. Is Conforto even that much more of a sure thing over Colas in 2023? Growing pains for Colas vs rust for Conforto. Conforto is probably the safer bet, but I wouldn’t say by a wide margin. 

Sign a RH corner OF’er that can play multiple positions as an insurance/depth/platoon option behind Colas.

Leury is your answer to that question I suspect….(Sign a RH corner OF’er that can play multiple positions as an insurance/depth/platoon option behind Colas.)

Edited by Scubadentist
(wrong quote cited)

• Sign Conforto and Segura.
  • Trade Eloy for Pablo Lopez.
  • Rotate DH spot between 4 OFers and J. Burger.
  • B. Hamilton 5th OF, add one more RP (I added Fulmer, I’m open to others).
  • Significantly improve your SP depth. There are big question marks on the current staff, and little quality depth in the minors..

Position Player (Salary /Proj FGDC fWAR) Salary amounts from Fangraphs (Actual/Estimates) 

Hitters ($106.4M / 24.2 fWAR)

1. SS Anderson ($12.5M / 3.0)
  2. LF Benintendi ^ ($15M / 2.3)
  3. CF Robert ($9.5M / 4.0)
  4. RF Conforto ^ ($12.0M / 1.6)
  5. 1B Vaughn ($0.7M / 2.3)
  6. 3B Moncada # ($17.8M / 2.5)
  7. OF/DH Colas ($0.7M / 1.9)
  8.  C Grandal #/ Zavala (Combined $19.0M / 3.1)
  9. 2B Segura ($12M / 2.6)

3B/DH/1B Burger ($0.7M / 0.7) 2B/SS Garcia # ($5.5M / 0.2) OF B. Hamilton ($1.0 / 0.0)

Pitching ($99.8M / 17.9 fWAR)

1. Cease ($5.3M / 3.3)
  2. Lynn ($18.5M / 2.8)
  3. Giolito ($10.8M / 2.0)
  4. Pablo Lopez ($5.6M / 2.8)
  5. Kopech ($2.2M / 1.1)
  6. Clevinger  ($12M /1.3)
  1. Hendriks ($14.3M / 1.9)
  2. Bummer ^ ($3.8M / 0.9)
  3. Graveman ($8.0M / 0.5)
  4. R. Lopez ($3.3M / 0.5)
  5. Diekman ^ ($3.5M / 0.2)
  6. Kelly ($9.0M / 0.5)
  7. Ruiz ($1.0M / 0.0)
  8. Michael Fulmer ($2.5M / 0.1)

Total 2023 $206.2M / 42.1 fWAR

Edited by South Side Hit Men

they 100% should sign Conforto. it's the right move to make.

Guranteed one of Roberts/Beni/Colas gets injured for a decent bit + colas is completely unproven. People here saying Colas *needs* to be our starting OFr are ridiculous. Guy is unproven as can be. He needs to earn it first and will get plenty of chances in the MLB to do so as our 4th OF

I was Conforto or Benintendi.  I have seen Colas play enough in person and on tape to be confident in him. He ain’t gonna be a 5 WAR guy, but neither is Conforto. You RH hitting back up us probably Romy.  They need to develop younger position guys cuz next year they are going to have to spend a lot on pitching.

Edited by Timmy U
Typo

I highly doubt Conforto signs somewhere he might end up as a part time player.  He is likely looking for a short bounce back deal to lock in big dollars in the next year or two.  Sox won’t overpay for another OF.  If they still want to make a splash (Ha!), 2B still needs filling. 

2 hours ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

If you guys really want to make a splash, sign Conforto to a deal, solidify the outfield and show the Northsiders that we are serious also. Clevenger was ok, Benetendi was a step in the right direction. Sign Conforto, leave Corlas in AAA For the 1st. Benitendi, Robert and Conforto in the Outfield is worth at least 4 to 5 wins. 

Conforto, a starter, catcher, and second baseman.

Theres still 40,000,000 to spend you cheap fucks! 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

people saying no in this thread are the same that will complain in gaame threads when roberts is out for a 10 day span every month and colas is batting .200 thaat the CWS have no depth

I'm not complaining about depth but they shouldn't block Colas. They should have a decent insurance option but Conforto straight up blocks him. 

Edited by Jack Parkman