RUMOR: White Sox interested in Adam Duvall

11 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

we don't have the mnoney for conforto OR segura.. I'm not even certain we have the money for Duvall lol

If that’s the case, it will mark the third straight offseason in the “multi-championship window” Hahn did not address key lineup and depth holes.

A properly managed $200M payroll (+/- $10M either direction) is enough for a smart FO enough to win championships. Even dumb teams like KC did it for just over half that threshold.

World Series Champions

(Cot’s Contracts OD Payroll in Millions):

• 2022 Houston ($175)
  • 2021 Atlanta ($134)
  • 2020 Los Angeles NL ($205)
  • 2019 Washington ($197)
  • 2018 Boston ($234)
  • 2017 Houston ($124)
  • 2016 Chicago NL ($172)
  • 2015 Kansas City ($113)
  • 2014 San Francisco ($149)
  • 2013 Boston ($155)
  • 2012 San Francisco ($131)
  • 2011 Saint Louis ($109)
  • 2010 San Francisco ($96)

All this annual hand ringing in the media about competitive balance and most teams have “no chance” is complete and utter bullshit.

Build smart organizations = Winning

Build dumb organizations = Losing

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Duvall probably signs for $5-6 million. If they can dump Kelly's contract they can probably get him. More likely than not, the team will have a hole at 2B to start the season. 

I'll guess a little more because he still can play all 3 OF positions and his power bat. Didn't check his base running but I'll guess that's still good too.
$7-8$M

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Duvall probably signs for $5-6 million. If they can dump Kelly's contract they can probably get him. More likely than not, the team will have a hole at 2B to start the season. 

For a team in their "window" it's criminal they can't add a $5-6 million dollar player.

It's also criminal they don't have internal options that can play the role Adam Duvall would be asked to play, considering the now 34 year old Adam Duvall was fairly awful last year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'll guess a little more because he still can play all 3 OF positions and his power bat. Didn't check his base running but I'll guess that's still good too.
$7-8$M

Sox are totally the club that will spend $15 million on Benintendi, $7-8 million on Duvall and another few million on pitching depth instead of dropping $25 million on a player that actually makes a difference. It's infuriating. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Sox are totally the club that will spend $15 million on Benintendi, $7-8 million on Duvall and another few million on pitching depth instead of dropping $25 million on a player that actually makes a difference. It's infuriating. 

I like Benintendi quite a lot and think he will "actually make a difference."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tony said:

For a team in their "window" it's criminal they can't add a $5-6 million dollar player.

It's also criminal they don't have internal options that can play the role Adam Duvall would be asked to play, considering the now 34 year old Adam Duvall was fairly awful last year. 

Sox will spend whatever it takes to add another awful Adam to their roster. 

Duvall might be a bit over the hill, but he does have a lot of skills that could help the club. I would definitely be good with this permitting that we continue to look for quality depth as well. 

I am telling ya, this team NEEDS more depth because we will see it very soon and all year. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Agreed but the problem still exists unless u want Leury in CF when someone gets hurt. You can't change what is. At least it's Vaughn and Eloy in positions they belong now ,better defense and more lineup balance.

2 hours ago, Tony said:

It is I think important to understand whether his 2022 was him breaking down and we'll see more detioriation or is there more left in there.  I won't pretend to know the answer, but he was pretty darn consistent (in a good way) offensively from 2019-2021 and than just fell of a cliff in '22.  

49 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Duvall might be a bit over the hill, but he does have a lot of skills that could help the club. I would definitely be good with this permitting that we continue to look for quality depth as well. 

I am telling ya, this team NEEDS more depth because we will see it very soon and all year. 

I agree with your "needs more depth" evaluation but Duvall is really uninspiring to me.  Admittedly, I haven't seen much of him with my own eyes, but his stats leave me wondering why we would be buying if the price is 5-6 million.  I'll offer Engel 2 million and get more for the money.

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I agree with your "needs more depth" evaluation but Duvall is really uninspiring to me.  Admittedly, I haven't seen much of him with my own eyes, but his stats leave me wondering why we would be buying if the price is 5-6 million.  I'll offer Engel 2 million and get more for the money.

He would instantly become our second best power hitter, plus he plays good defense from what I can tell.