Danny Mendick to Mets - 1yr $1M

maxjusttyped

14 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Too much hate for Leury. He was used the wrong way last year. I think you will see that change this year and he will have a better year. 

He should be playing once a week..... you will see that. 

Then why sign him to a 3-year deal?  The whole thing has stupid written all over it.

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The Mets must be planning to move Escobar if they gave Mendick a guaranteed contract.

I thought that also. But I think even with guaranteed money he can still play in the minors. He's got options left I think.

But it is feasible they still want to shed his salary, maybe not to the extent they paid for McCaans salary with the O's or at all if they still want Hendrik and are willing to give up Baty too. But if they part with Escobar I imagine they'd want to keep Baty. Maybe Mauricio and Dominic Hamel.

But I thought any chance of a trade with the Mets went out the window after they resigned Ottavino but the discussions continued.

If they wanted Kelly straight up for Escobar I'd do that  if the Mets threw in a little money.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The Mets must be planning to move Escobar if they gave Mendick a guaranteed contract.

Mendick probably gives them similar defense at a fraction of the cost-assuming he’s ready to go opening day.  Easy trade off to shed some salary. 

3 hours ago, 2Deep said:

Too much hate for Leury. He was used the wrong way last year. I think you will see that change this year and he will have a better year. 

He should be playing once a week..... you will see that. 

He’s surprisingly awful at defense, just cause he can “play” multiple positions doesn’t mean he should. And the issue is paying him 5 million dollars a year (for 3 years) when you can get similar production for a fraction of the cost. I agree he should be only playing one game a week, but not at that cost. 

Edited by ShoeLessRob