Jason Benetti & Steve Stone back - options picked up

South Side Hit Men

Listened to Rooney & Farmer for years . still miss them, every broadcast . Farmer & DJ could be pretty entertaining . one game they were both in a bad mood I guess, and were calling each other names and saying stuff like, Farmer.."if you don't like what i'm saying then just stop talking, . DJ.. "ok, I will" and there was silence for awhile . it was really funny . they were just blowing off steam, as that grind can get to you . it's happened to me I was fishing, and out for weeks at a time, and guys just snap at each other.

I just want to put my vote that I really like listening to both Jason and Steve. I think they do a great job together. Jason just seems completely the professional, and I think you have to be impressed with Stone's insights, especially how he can predict, from time to time, what is going to happen in an at bat. A player is up and whatever the count and Stone will say something like, "The pitcher will waste this pitch and then come back with a fastball high and inside and strike him out." and damn if not two pitches later that's what happens. Or the other way, Stone will say something like, "If that pitcher throws that pitch again, it's gonna be hit hard into left field, and that happens one or two pitches later. I know some will say that's what Stone does is obvious, but I haven't seen other announcers doing that. 

On the topic of the "Nationwide" song.  I can't believe others hate it so much; it's a commercial, like other commercials. I see the Nationwide song like sweet potatoes with marshmallows at the Thanksgiving meal. Not at all my thing, but it's part of the tradition, and I would be a little disappointed if they were not there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • TLR 1

On 12/25/2022 at 9:57 AM, vilehoopster said:

I just want to put my vote that I really like listening to both Jason and Steve. I think they do a great job together. Jason just seems completely the professional, and I think you have to be impressed with Stone's insights, especially how he can predict, from time to time, what is going to happen in an at bat. A player is up and whatever the count and Stone will say something like, "The pitcher will waste this pitch and then come back with a fastball high and inside and strike him out." and damn if not two pitches later that's what happens. Or the other way, Stone will say something like, "If that pitcher throws that pitch again, it's gonna be hit hard into left field, and that happens one or two pitches later. I know some will say that's what Stone does is obvious, but I haven't seen other announcers doing that. 

On the topic of the "Nationwide" song.  I can't believe others hate it so much; it's a commercial, like other commercials. I see the Nationwide song like sweet potatoes with marshmallows at the Thanksgiving meal. Not at all my thing, but it's part of the tradition, and I would be a little disappointed if they were not there

I'd rather listen to the Kars4Kids song on repeat.  Jeff Vukovich is a Cubs fan who has poisoned this team with his cursed Jingle.  As long as they continue to sing it, the White Sox will never win a World Series.

On 12/23/2022 at 11:32 AM, Dick Allen said:

People bitched about Hawk. Then the Sox brought in a guy whose style is exactly what they were clamoring. Now they b**** about him. It doesn't matter who is broadcasting Sox games, there is a certain faction that will say whoever it is sucks.

No one ever bitched about Harry. I liked Hawk also.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • Hawk 1

The Nationwide jingle takes at most 4 seconds to get through.  So if a person watches every Sox game (unlikely) and the song is sung every game (which it isn’t) that is 10 minutes and 48 seconds of every year that said person would be subjected to hearing that song.  Seems to me that there is way more time spent bitching about hearing the jingle than is actually spent hearing it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • TLR 1

2 hours ago, Leonard Zelig said:

The Nationwide jingle takes at most 4 seconds to get through.  So if a person watches every Sox game (unlikely) and the song is sung every game (which it isn’t) that is 10 minutes and 48 seconds of every year that said person would be subjected to hearing that song.  Seems to me that there is way more time spent bitching about hearing the jingle than is actually spent hearing it. 

I loooove the jingle lolll

• Love 1
  • TLR 1

On 12/23/2022 at 12:08 AM, soulfly said:

Hopefully Jason is spending the off season working on some sort, any sort, of a half way decent home run call.

I don’t understand why they can’t just honor Hawk and keep “you can put it on the board, YES!” Like sure half the fan base will cry that it’s a cheap knock off with anyone else delivering the line but it’s so fucking iconic to me and I miss that part of watching a Sox game. And if they’re that scared of stepping on Hawk’s toes and stealing his catchphrase then just fucking take the sound byte and play it in stadium at least when the fireworks go off (if this is done already forgive me because it doesn’t come across on TV). 

Even a fucking yyyyyyYES! would be appreciated 

• Like 1

• Balta1701 changed the title to Jason Benetti & Steve Stone back - options picked up