Jason Benetti & Steve Stone back - options picked up

South Side Hit Men

1 minute ago, Bossanoveralls said:

Jinkies, wegs.

Seems such a silly thing to twist one's knickers so. Didn't know you felt so strongly.

A thousand pardons, old chap.

Just playing, my friend.  That blood sausage quote is from one of my favorite movies Groundhog Day and I enjoy throwing it out occasionally.  

In all honesty, singing the jingle might have been amusing at some point but after a few years it is like a Saturday Night Live skit where they just don't know when to quit.  And I do mute the thing every time the remote is close enough.

But as long suffering Sox fans, we all know there are worse problems with this team. 

And for anyone here offended by my disdain for the jingle.....

I’m-Sorry-Message.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Just playing, my friend.  That blood sausage quote is from one of my favorite movies Groundhog Day and I enjoy throwing it out occasionally.  

In all honesty, singing the jingle might have been amusing at some point but after a few years it is like a Saturday Night Live skit where they just don't know when to quit.  And I do mute the thing every time the remote is close enough.

But as long suffering Sox fans, we all know there are worse problems with this team. 

And for anyone here offended by my disdain for the jingle.....

I’m-Sorry-Message.jpg

So Nationwide really IS on your side, wegs?

That's so swell!

too soon?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, claydude14 said:

I don’t understand why they can’t just honor Hawk and keep “you can put it on the board, YES!”

The entire Hawk HR call should be kept, not to honor Hawk, but to perpetuate something that became a White Sox tradition.   Moreover, the first part of it,  "He looks up..." would help Bennetti gauge which fly balls have a chance to be HR as opposed to just routine fly balls to the track. 

Stone has to retire though. It's time. 

1 minute ago, Bossanoveralls said:

So Nationwide really IS on your side, wegs?

That's so swell!

too soon?

Never too soon.  But I am still waiting for a call back from Jeff Vukovich....my neck kinda hurts from getting rearended by someone who has Nationwide.

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Lerner and Roe are the lawyers for you call 222-2222.

I thought TA said to call Howard Aiken?  I'm so confused....Hey confusion, that sounds like some punitive damages are due to me as well.

Edited by wegner

14 hours ago, claydude14 said:

I don’t understand why they can’t just honor Hawk and keep “you can put it on the board, YES!” Like sure half the fan base will cry that it’s a cheap knock off with anyone else delivering the line but it’s so fucking iconic to me and I miss that part of watching a Sox game. And if they’re that scared of stepping on Hawk’s toes and stealing his catchphrase then just fucking take the sound byte and play it in stadium at least when the fireworks go off (if this is done already forgive me because it doesn’t come across on TV). 

Even a fucking yyyyyyYES! would be appreciated 

Yep, pretty much all this.  Doesn't one of the shitty Minnesota announcers use "he gawn" now?  That's a fucking travesty.  Love or hate Hawk, but he gawn, put it on the board, etc, should still be in use by the Sox.  I get someone wanting to do their own thing, but ffs, at this point Jason's awful jingle just ain't it.  Time to honor Hawk while he can still enjoy it.

• Love 1

14 hours ago, Melton1972 said:

Not only is the jingle annoying, but then they have to make comments about how it sounded. Who cares?

Every ... single ... time ...

"pretty good, thought your voice was a bit off, but overall good"

The joke is so overdone. 

• Like 1

id say i agree, but the rest of their repertoire of jokes isn't much better. 

not that I dislike them at all ... i really like steve stone in the booth (real life hes a cock sucker) and jason is very, very talented. I'd love to add a third into the booth to mix up the vibes. A mix of former players (kind of like they've done to fill in for steve). Basically lets reduce the amount of filler time that steve and jason do and bring in a new voice. preferably someone like 25-35 years old... you've got old man steve stone and jason might as well be 65 with his jokes and references ...

• Balta1701 changed the title to Jason Benetti & Steve Stone back - options picked up