Jason Benetti & Steve Stone back - options picked up

South Side Hit Men

I would imagine this is true. I get the sense that Benetti is somewhat loyal ... to a point. He's also human and by all accounts getting very good reviews on national games and other sports. You see what some of these guys make on that national basis and then whatever he makes with the Sox ... 

It's only a matter of time and the best solution for now is probably allowing him more time away to do those games while allowing Kasper to spot fill. My guess is we continue this path with Jason until the Sox "championship window" starts closing and then he just goes and does his own thing. If i fast forward 2-3 years I think he's gone. 

Don't think it's out of his system yet and think he truly enjoys both working with Stone, but also the Sox. I wouldn't even be surprised if part of the issue is he wants Stone back and the Sox don't. It can be so many things, but I doubt we'll ever hear or truly know the reason or how close or far he is from walking away. I just get the sense the longer this goes without resolution the clearer the outcome will be and the sooner it will be. 

36 minutes ago, he gone. said:

I would imagine this is true. I get the sense that Benetti is somewhat loyal ... to a point. He's also human and by all accounts getting very good reviews on national games and other sports. You see what some of these guys make on that national basis and then whatever he makes with the Sox ... 

It's only a matter of time and the best solution for now is probably allowing him more time away to do those games while allowing Kasper to spot fill. My guess is we continue this path with Jason until the Sox "championship window" starts closing and then he just goes and does his own thing. If i fast forward 2-3 years I think he's gone. 

Don't think it's out of his system yet and think he truly enjoys both working with Stone, but also the Sox. I wouldn't even be surprised if part of the issue is he wants Stone back and the Sox don't. It can be so many things, but I doubt we'll ever hear or truly know the reason or how close or far he is from walking away. I just get the sense the longer this goes without resolution the clearer the outcome will be and the sooner it will be. 

i think he's of the age and at the time in his career where travelling to call all these games is still fun. Most people who have had to travel for work initially thought it was pretty cool, but eventually thought it was a pain in the ass. I think in  a few years Jason either goes the Joe Buck way where he does one game a week for a couple of sports, or eventually bags the football and basketball and does baseball full time with his winters off.

1 minute ago, Sleepy Harold said:

There was never a doubt.  Glad to see this done. tho.

Has Jason really been doing this 8 years? No way that's right.  

edit: started in 2016.  Man, time flies. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 2

• Balta1701 changed the title to Jason Benetti & Steve Stone back - options picked up
3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

People are really excited to hear Steve Stone defend every s%*# move again? Excited to have him argue with fans and call us dumb on Twitter?

Eh.  I more mean Jason returning.  I could take or leave Stone most of the time now.  But I would take him over Beckham or Len every single time, miserable sounding curmudgeon and all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1