Jason Benetti & Steve Stone back - options picked up

South Side Hit Men

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

With as much as name recognition and attention as this brings them, it will probably never die.  You want it to be dropped?  Quit talking about it.

You want to shut down debate because deep in your heart you know you are wrong.....it's pretty deep though so keep looking, it is there.

5 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

This would have been Soxtalk weekend and this would have been the news drop to get everyone to cheer.  Nobody changed the PR department timeline to a more sensible time to do this like when the contracts expired which was probably at the end of the season. . 

Who canceled Soxtalk weekend?!?  I would've been buying at the bar.  Oh well.

• TLR 1

NEATO!!!

This confirms my purchase of MLB.TV this year.

I think Steve and Jason make a perfect pair of baseball announcers. Jason has grown so much in the 8 years. And Steve is so wonderfully smug and quick at it. Very funny and informative.

So glad they will be here for several more years.

🎶 NATIONWIIIIDE IS ON MY SIIIIIIDE 🎵

😎

Hey at least we get a great call for a few more years. I do very much still want the sox to bring in a 3rd person .... a much younger person. I know jason is young ... but like someone who doesnt have the soul of a 80 year old. That 3rd person should be the next in line for Stones job. I'd love to have someone like AJ or another past Sox guy ... but please, god, don't let it be gordon beckham. he has improved a ton over the years and maybe he finds his way still, but i'd love to see them bring in a guy with a personality. 

Here's an idea ... Ozzie via facetime screen in the corner for an inning a game? 

I had a dream last night that prime Hawk was back in the broadcast booth. Then I wake up and hear this news. Now I don't know what to do with my life.

On a real note, glad to hear the news. One of the best around. I actually love Steve's commentary. I couldn't care less about what he says on twitter. He does his job better than most in the business. And I really don't even care about the Nationwide jingle.

The main request for me would be: get rid of the Sox Math 🤢🤮 and bring back  "What did Chuck Find?" I loved that segment I think they did it right before Covid in 2019.

Edited by ScooterMcGuire

Jason and Steve are treasures. Yes, Sox Math is nonsensical and the annoying Nationwide jingle should go away, but the analysis of the game by this pair is unequaled. Please do away with both Kasper and Beckham, the latter of whom makes Dizzy Dean seem like a master of grammatical structure.  And, let's have more of Big Hurt in the post game shows. 

19 hours ago, Bossanoveralls said:

NEATO!!!

This confirms my purchase of MLB.TV this year.

I think Steve and Jason make a perfect pair of baseball announcers. Jason has grown so much in the 8 years. And Steve is so wonderfully smug and quick at it. Very funny and informative.

So glad they will be here for several more years.

🎶 NATIONWIIIIDE IS ON MY SIIIIIIDE 🎵

😎

Totally agree!!!!!