Jason Benetti & Steve Stone back - options picked up

South Side Hit Men

2 hours ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Thing is, I don’t believe they are actually required to sing it. They just do it because they’re a couple of goofy dudes

Um, you ever notice that every Nationwide ad has someone singing that line? 🙄

Edited by Big Hurtin

44 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I guess I’m missing something with the angst over the Nationwide ad. What I hear is only 5-10 seconds long on the MLB app. Is it repeated multiple times on the local broadcast?

No, just people being unreasonable as usual. Benetti and Stone are the best in the game, we are lucky to have them. I am very glad they are back as some of the other options are awful in comparison. Truly a case of you just can’t please everyone. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

I had a dream last night that prime Hawk was back in the broadcast booth. Then I wake up and hear this news. Now I don't know what to do with my life.

On a real note, glad to hear the news. One of the best around. I actually love Steve's commentary. I couldn't care less about what he says on twitter. He does his job better than most in the business. And I really don't even care about the Nationwide jingle.

The main request for me would be: get rid of the Sox Math 🤢🤮 and bring back  "What did Chuck Find?" I loved that segment I think they did it right before Covid in 2019.

Hawk and Wimpy were my childhood.  There's was nothing better than them reminiscing about the box of golf balls they owe each other. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 11:28 AM, Marqhead said:

No, just people being unreasonable as usual. Benetti and Stone are the best in the game, we are lucky to have them. I am very glad they are back as some of the other options are awful in comparison. Truly a case of you just can’t please everyone. 

Top 3-5.  The best they can't be, with Stone's surly water carrying for JR/TLR and Benetti being appreciably better on both college basketball and football broadcasts.

When the Sox are playing well and he's not trying too hard to entertain or be corny or hawk concession items, sure.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

My take: Love Benetti. Totally love Stone. Hate Gordo's voice but rooting for him to get better. He's a fan fave as a player IMO.

That's pushing it.  Maybe if he had become the next Jeter for the Sox he could or would have reached that status.

No more "that's a real professional at-bat there" comments repeated ad nauseam please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

That's pushing it.  Maybe if he had become the next Jeter for the Sox he could or would have reached that status.

No more "that's a real professional at-bat there" comments repeated ad nauseam please.

I wish he just stayed away like his father in law, Greg walker. 

9 minutes ago, ewokpelts said:

2023: the year they flat out hated us

Torture chamber.  Maybe I will still learn to appreciate Jason more when he's gone...and Len Kasper must be very getting annoyed.

Cubs look like they will have much brighter future 3-5 years out.

White Sox window already starting to close on them.

6 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

The White Sox really do hate us...

Hmmmm....stay up late to watch a potential 8th or 9th inning West Coast meltdown and get to listen to Gordo?  I'll probably be there on the couch but I don't have to like it.

• Haha 2
  • Hawk 1