Jason Benetti & Steve Stone back - options picked up

South Side Hit Men

Why does it seem like Gordo is just a dumb jock that has been handed a job that he doesn't have to take seriously and doesn't, who knows that he will be stuck in our faces regardless which gives him a certain arrogance that comes through the screen in spades?

He is a dingbat.

An entitled dingbat, but dingbat through and through.

1 hour ago, Bossanoveralls said:

Why does it seem like Gordo is just a dumb jock that has been handed a job that he doesn't have to take seriously and doesn't, who knows that he will be stuck in our faces regardless which gives him a certain arrogance that comes through the screen in spades?

He is a dingbat.

An entitled dingbat, but dingbat through and through.

That's why I like AJ or DJ ten times more doing their own version of analysis.

Even Black Jack McDowell.

The only one who could possibly be worse than Beckham is Ventura, but I sincerely doubt even that.

He's like a frat boy mixed withSan overall inflated belief in his own cultural footprint and beliefs being more important or valuable than anyone else's.

9 hours ago, White Sox Park said:

When Beckham is on with Jason, I usually last 2 innings, before switching over the the radio side, or the other teams feed.

His voice is kind of annoying. That can be worked on. I think he's ok. DJ on the radio isn't perfect either. I think Stoney gets an A-plus for his work. Benetti an A to A-minus. DJ: A B-minus or B. Gordo a C with potential to get to a B. Len: Not my cup of tea yet so a B- to C. 

For Caulfield, Royals announcers: Denny Mathews a B to A-minus. His sidekick Lefevre a B. Physioc a C (enunciates too much IMO). Jeff Montgomery: B. Stewart: Not my cup of tea but a B to B-.

The hirings of Benetti and Kasper suggest that the team realizes the importance of having a professional broadcaster in the booth after rolling with a "four former players" arrangement for a long time. I'd be pretty surprised if Beckham winds up being a Benetti replacement. Stone replacement is much more likely.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/19/bill-walton-ready-for-intergalactic-alternate-nba-broadcast/

Walton to replace Stone, lol?

"We’ve got the NBA intergalactic platform,” Walton told The Post. “We’ve got the world’s greatest basketball players. We’ve got the business. We’ve got the entertainment. We’ve got the sports world. We’ve got the celebration of life and health and all good things here. We have fantastic guests. I’m the luckiest guy in the world. We are set for blastoff and the volcanic eruption on Monday night Jan. 23. Seven o’clock Pacific time, be there. Miss this at your own peril. You’ve been suitably warned. I’m fired up."

Edited by caulfield12