It looks like the Outfield is set

AJ'S Cousin

With the Giants signing Conforto, the Blue Jays acquire Varsho, there’s not much left out there. It looks like Benny in left, Robert in center and by default Colas/Sheets in right. I’m not sure what’s out there to trade for or sign. The price for Reynolds has now gone sky high Any suggestions? 

Edited by AJ'S Cousin

I don’t know if they’re going to go with the replacements they signed, but I’d say that someone who can legitimately fill in as a CF would be quite important as well. Not only do you have to assume Robert will miss some time, but boy it would be nice to be proactive in resting him rather than playing him every day until he winds up with a grade 2 sprain. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

Regardless of whether you think Sheets can play OF or not, he sure can’t play CF, and he hits from the same side as the 2 current projected corner OF’ers. We need another OF’er, preferably RH. We’re another Robert injury away from having Luery/Hamilton/Reyes in CF for an extended period of time …that can’t happen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If the Sox don’t add a solid 4th OF then they aren’t serious about competing next year.  Can’t rely on Gavin Sheets or Billy Fucking Hamilton to fill in when one of our starters goes down.  And that’s assuming Colas comes up and is able to be semi-productive from the get go.

Surely this will be the year expecting everyone to be healthy AND productive for an entire season will finally work out 🙂

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Surely this will be the year expecting everyone to be healthy AND productive for an entire season will finally work out 🙂

I’m good with guys like Hamilton, Reyes, & Payton as extra depth in AAA.  But they can’t be first guy up when a starter misses extended time.  Go sign Duvall for like $5M and give us a quality 4th OF.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maxjusttyped said:

RH hitting outfielder who can cover CF is still a massive need.

They should be interested in 2 decent to good outfielders, but having depth isn't something the Sox ever prioritize.

What’s sorta ironic is that if he didn’t think this organization was terribly run to the point that getting be away from them is worth millions of dollars to them, AJ Pollock would actually have made sense.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Regardless of whether you think Sheets can play OF or not, he sure can’t play CF, and he hits from the same side as the 2 current projected corner OF’ers. We need another OF’er, preferably RH. We’re another Robert injury away from having Luery/Hamilton/Reyes in CF for an extended period of time …that can’t happen.

That's the point.  It doesn't matter what you think, what I think, or what anyone else on this site thinks.  The ones in control will put him out there and there's not a GD thing that anyone here can do about it.

17 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

What’s sorta ironic is that if he didn’t think this organization was terribly run to the point that getting be away from them is worth millions of dollars to them, AJ Pollock would actually have made sense.

Maybe his market is less than expected and he’d have interest coming back lolll

11 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

Who would be the backup CF as the roster stands now?  Are Beni or Colas capable?

The best answer is maybe? Right now if Robert went down for a stretch, presumably you have a 4 man outfield of Hamilton/Reyes/Colas/Benintendi and you figure out based on matchups. Not sure if Colas is survivable there, you can probably live with Benintendi there for a few games but nothing more.

No that doesn’t feel like a championship plan.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

With the Giants signing Conforto, the Blue Jays acquire Varsho, there’s not much left out there. It looks like Benny in left, Robert in center and by default Colas/Sheets in right. I’m not sure what’s out there to trade for or sign. The price for Reynolds has now gone sky high Any suggestions? 

Conforto was never an option for the Sox once they signed Benintendi. They need to add a RH bat to balance out the OF guys, I like Adam Duvall. 

9 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I know you probably talk to AJ every day and he told you the exact reason he left and of course it’s because the White Sox are so terrible in every way and not worth the time and effort, even though you seem to spend hours a day telling us how everything they do is wrong. But maybe the White Sox told him he was going to be a slightly used back up, which really could have hindered his earning potential after 2023. To be honest, if it was me I still would have taken the $13 million. But that is one of many reasons he may have turned down the option. It doesn’t always have to be the White Sox are so terrible in every way…..

• Like 3