Rumor: TLR will (NOT*) be present for ST *update

ChiSox59

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I am not at all surprised you choose to believe that, but there is no way TLR was coming back.  They gave him a way to leave without getting fired, and he took it. 

This was my stance but after hearing more about what happened via several different reports, it's clear to me that he was indeed called in by his doctors unexpectedly.  I was talking to my FIL a couple weeks back, who also has a pacemaker....apparently those things are constantly reporting stats which are somehow or another linked to a monitoring service.  My FIL had, in fact, been called in to get checked out due to some things his pacemaker saw going on with his heart.  Same thing could have happened with TLR and would explain the abrupt exit just prior to that evening's game.  

Regardless, this is the most tone deaf, incompetent franchise in professional sports.  The Sox were the laughingstock of the league. DIE HARD fans, like we find on this board, were outraged and pretty much quit watching games, much less attending them.  The casual fanbase was MIA.  Social media was littered with fan outrage and ridicule.  I absolutely REFUSE to believe that none of this made it back to JR.

So they wipe the slate clean, fans' hopes start to slowly return a bit, and then they let us know the old drunk is going to be around the club again?!?!?!?!  I mean, really, who tf does that?  I had no idea it was possible to misread a situation this poorly.  I refuse to believe Grifol had any say whatsoever in this decision....as a leader, it's important for the players, fans, media, and organization to understand that the past is behind us and he's bringing about changes.  This completely flies in the face of what a good leader would want to happen.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Maybe some of the Reinsdorf water carriers should notice his way doesn’t work.

They are extremely few and far between anymore. The majority of the fanbase seem at odds with the organization, but the organization has not had any regard for it. Most front offices/ownership do endeavor to try and hit their layups with the fans. Not on the Southside.

3 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

He is going to just be an honorary turd and remind the guys oh s%*# - we got it good now in Pedro. 

3 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

They have to make it appear he wasn't fired because he's JRs boy. 

So he had a retirement from active managing for health reasons.

And he's still a welcome presence at camp.

And a "trusted advisor"

And on the payroll.

This is just for the old man and a dog and pony show. No need to get upset about it.

McNamara was given the World Bank presidency so he wouldn't lose face. Maybe TLR just likes to be around baseball watching ST. It's a small price to pay to ensure he's no longer messing stuff up.

Grain or two of truth in these posts, mixed with the statutory negativity.  It's the appearance of a a soft landing for a HOF manager and likely to have no effect on the season.  Ease up, you vultures.  (and I don't mean the two posters I quoted)

25 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

This was my stance but after hearing more about what happened via several different reports, it's clear to me that he was indeed called in by his doctors unexpectedly.  I was talking to my FIL a couple weeks back, who also has a pacemaker....apparently those things are constantly reporting stats which are somehow or another linked to a monitoring service.  My FIL had, in fact, been called in to get checked out due to some things his pacemaker saw going on with his heart.  Same thing could have happened with TLR and would explain the abrupt exit just prior to that evening's game.  

Regardless, this is the most tone deaf, incompetent franchise in professional sports.  The Sox were the laughingstock of the league. DIE HARD fans, like we find on this board, were outraged and pretty much quit watching games, much less attending them.  The casual fanbase was MIA.  Social media was littered with fan outrage and ridicule.  I absolutely REFUSE to believe that none of this made it back to JR.

So they wipe the slate clean, fans' hopes start to slowly return a bit, and then they let us know the old drunk is going to be around the club again?!?!?!?!  I mean, really, who tf does that?  I had no idea it was possible to misread a situation this poorly.  I refuse to believe Grifol had any say whatsoever in this decision....as a leader, it's important for the players, fans, media, and organization to understand that the past is behind us and he's bringing about changes.  This completely flies in the face of what a good leader would want to happen.

Yep. Very good post. It’s very hard to understand, but is no doubt this is coming from JR. He loves hindering his organization. 

Jerry's favorite pastime is trolling the fanbases of his teams. He has a great deal of contempt for the fans. 

1 hour ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

They have to make it appear he wasn't fired because he's JRs boy. 

So he had a retirement from active managing for health reasons.

And he's still a welcome presence at camp.

And a "trusted advisor"

And on the payroll.

This is just for the old man and a dog and pony show. No need to get upset about it.

McNamara was given the World Bank presidency so he wouldn't lose face. Maybe TLR just likes to be around baseball watching ST. It's a small price to pay to ensure he's no longer messing stuff up.

This take is probably the right way to look at it.  Lots of us go to some ST games so who cares.  If I'm Tony I stay far away but if it makes him and JR feel nice...I don't care.  Is it dumb...yep...but JR marches to his own drummer.

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Jerry's favorite pastime is trolling the fanbases of his teams. He has a great deal of contempt for his teams fanbase. 

The arrogance of this organization under his ownership knows no bounds. "Who are you to criticize us? We know better than you. WE know what we are doing and we're smarter than you! (History shows they don't however...)

1 hour ago, Sox72 said:

I just see this as another pathetic “insider” Twitter account posting this to rile up Sox fans and sit back and watch where it goes. 🤷‍♂️

The problem is even it shouldn't even be believable, yet it 100% is. 

• Like 2

• ChiSox59 changed the title to Rumor: TLR will (NOT*) be present for ST *update