Rumor: TLR will (NOT*) be present for ST *update

ChiSox59

11 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

https://www.mlb.com/video/grifol-talks-managing-white-sox

7:40 mark of this video is when the question starts, 8:10 is when he says La Russa will be around at Spring Training. This video is a month and a half old so I'm assuming that's where the tweet came from

“I think he’ll be around at spring training and at some point we’ll sit down and talk about the ball club”.

Tony lives in Arizona. Damning, damning stuff.

• TLR 1

2 hours ago, bmags said:

“I think he’ll be around at spring training and at some point we’ll sit down and talk about the ball club”.

Tony lives in Arizona. Damning, damning stuff.

I mean, s%*#, I've talked to Kenny Williams on the back fields watching a minor league game during Spring Training.

If his health allows I think it would be weird for him to not stop by and visit at some point, since he lives there.  I assume he built some relationships with some of the players the last two years. Spring training is usually fairly casual, lots of people pass through and visit.  Now if he gets a formal role that is different and wrong, but no one is saying that.

This is a non event.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, ThirdGen said:

If his health allows I think it would be weird for him to not stop by and visit at some point, since he lives there.  I assume he built some relationships with some of the players the last two years. Spring training is usually fairly casual, lots of people pass through and visit.  Now if he gets a formal role that is different and wrong, but no one is saying that.

This is a non event.  

Really, injecting sanity into the conversation?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, greg775 said:

No offense to our new manager but he has a lot to prove considering KCR didn't hire him.

Actually 29 other teams didn't hire him. Let's look over the list of managers KCR didn't hire the past few years.  Terry Francona, Dusty Baker, Alex Cora, Kevin Cash, A J. Hinch, or Joe Madden. So I'm guessing they aren't the benchmark of great managerial decisions. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

No offense to our new manager but he has a lot to prove considering KCR didn't hire him.

1 hour ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Agree 100%

KC has been an absolute dumpster fire the past 5 years. 

I don’t think it’s as simple as that. Maybe they wanted a voice from outside the organization. Maybe Grifol didn’t even want the job.

5 hours ago, ThirdGen said:

This is a non event.  

It wouldn’t be weird not stopping by to visit. For all intents and purposes, this manager was a huge failure. And for all intents and purposes, would have been fired from any other team that didn’t have a weirdo owner. Do most failed and fired managers “stop by and visit” the old squad  in spring training? Granted, he still ostensibly is still a part of the organization because again, Jerry Reinsdorf is a weird and dysfunctional sports franchise owner. But it certainly wouldn’t be weird for him not to be there. Not ever. I think we all would go on with our lives never asking why Tony LaRussa never stopped by and visited.

• Like 1

• ChiSox59 changed the title to Rumor: TLR will (NOT*) be present for ST *update