2023 Celebrity Death Thread

knightni

20 hours ago, The Grinder said:

He was one of my favorite A's players from that dynasty in the '70s rest in peace sir

I remember reading his biography when I was in school and supposed to be doing something else. 

I just noticed Bud Grant, Canadian HOF coach and long time Minnesota Vikings coach passed a while back. His stoic expressionless demeaner rivaled only by Tom Landry. You could never know if his team was winning by 3 TD's or losing by 3 TD's. Maybe he was dreaming about hunting and fishing. I read his autobiography, he was such a humble down to earth old school guy

RIP Bud Grant

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2023 at 2:08 PM, Kyyle23 said:

RIP Paul Reubens aka Pee-Wee Herman, 70

RIP. Underrated comic. To create that character and have it claim way more than 20 minutes of fame is astounding. I think Letterman helped Reubens with that character. I was reading that Paul was one of the nicest guys around. Please read this story if you get a chance. It's nice to read something positive, about a genuinely nice person, once in a while.      https://www.cinemablend.com/television/people-sharing-stories-pee-wee-herman-actor-paul-reubens-after-death

16 hours ago, greg775 said:

RIP. Underrated comic. To create that character and have it claim way more than 20 minutes of fame is astounding. I think Letterman helped Reubens with that character. I was reading that Paul was one of the nicest guys around. Please read this story if you get a chance. It's nice to read something positive, about a genuinely nice person, once in a while.      https://www.cinemablend.com/television/people-sharing-stories-pee-wee-herman-actor-paul-reubens-after-death

Nice article on a nice man. I know a lot of people made fun of him after his "incident". But it was harmless. RIP Paul 

2 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Nice article on a nice man. I know a lot of people made fun of him after his "incident". But it was harmless. RIP Paul 

I know the comedians never gave up on him after the incident. I saw he was worth 5 million, Good for him. Seemed like a very nice guy from all I read.

5 hours ago, The Grinder said:

I never liked the idea of piling on him after his embarrassing incident, I left him alone, the poor guy

He was my hangover remedy back in the 80s.

I thought Hugh Grant and the hooker was funnier. If those two guys can't get laid, what chance did the rest of us have? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...