2023 Catch-All Thread

knightni

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 6:50 AM, Texsox said:

It's almost Valentine's Day. On your to do list:  Reservations? Gifts? 

I'll get by cheap this Valentines Day, no one special in my life. And at my tender age :) its not looking too good. At least I dont deal w any drama this way. How bout you Tex? Gotta keep Mrs Tex content?!

On 1/19/2023 at 6:10 PM, Texsox said:

Baldwin charged with manslaughter in the shooting death on set. That's a tough call. 

I heard a guy on the radio recently who was a prosecutor for 30 years.  Now I remember at the time people saying it was a huge mistake for Alec Baldwin to grant that interview to George Stephanopoulos about the shooting but I did not know why besides the whole idea of just keeping your damn mouth shut.  The long time prosecutor said that in the interview Baldwin admitted to all of the elements of involuntary manslaughter in New Mexico.  The ex prosecutor said if he was trying the case, he would just show that interview and call the FBI ballistics expert to the stand to testify that the trigger would have had to be pulled for the gun to fire.  I guess Baldwin said he did not pull the trigger.  Seems kinda harsh and you never know once you get in front of a jury, but Alec Baldwin might want to plea to a lesser charge if he can.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

f*** cancer. One of my coaching buddies was diagnosed with stage 2 skin cancer. He's got 14 stitches in his neck from where they cut it out. He's waiting on a biopsy of the surrounding tissue to be certain they got it all. 

I'm now a bucket hat guy. I'm already at a high risk from so many sun burns, working outside, sports, hiking, fishing, and leukemia. I'm not going to make it easier on cancer. 

14 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

f*** cancer. Hope your buddy gets good news. 

It's crazy that for years I've sat around with buddies in the golf business my age and we talk about our latest trips to the dermatologist office but rarely change any behaviors.  

I need the Soxtalk's community's assistance.  I just recently got a job offer in the city near the GRF.  I currently live in the far north side of city.  What are some decent suburbs to consider moving to in that area?

I appreciate any assistance provided!

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

I need the Soxtalk's community's assistance.  I just recently got a job offer in the city near the GRF.  I currently live in the far north side of city.  What are some decent suburbs to consider moving to in that area?

I appreciate any assistance provided!

Thanks.

If you can afford it, Munster has the best school district. Close to the Borman/Ford.

7 hours ago, pettie4sox said:

Yeah, there is no way I could convince my wife to move to Indiana. 😅   

Regardless, thank you for the input.

In Texas we would just tell our wives we are moving to Indiana. Then pack half our s%*# and move. 😃

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2023 at 12:29 PM, Texsox said:

How often to we trust the people we work with to not screw up? Makes you stop and think. 

Prosecutor dropping all charges on Baldwin....I told my wife and she said "That's too bad."  

56 minutes ago, wegner said:

Prosecutor dropping all charges on Baldwin....I told my wife and she said "That's too bad."  

Only he knows with 100% accuracy his culpability. I was talking with a buddy about a show we were doing. We had an actor in a show I was doing bring a real gun instead of the cheesy prop they gave us. (Several cast  members all contacted the producer and he was instructed to never again bring in.) 

But it was during that show I realized I handled the prop differently than I would have a real gun. I couldn't bring myself to point it at anyone. I wonder if a veteran actor like Baldwin would have had that same hesitation. If so, I believe he was 100% certain it wasn't a live round. 

After the restart they invested in 100% replicas. I hope that becomes the industry standard so this could never happen again. 

41 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Only he knows with 100% accuracy his culpability. I was talking with a buddy about a show we were doing. We had an actor in a show I was doing bring a real gun instead of the cheesy prop they gave us. (Several cast  members all contacted the producer and he was instructed to never again bring in.) 

But it was during that show I realized I handled the prop differently than I would have a real gun. I couldn't bring myself to point it at anyone. I wonder if a veteran actor like Baldwin would have had that same hesitation. If so, I believe he was 100% certain it wasn't a live round. 

After the restart they invested in 100% replicas. I hope that becomes the industry standard so this could never happen again. 

It is a tragic story.  If I was him, I doubt I'd ever take another acting role with a gun involved. 

It really is like an episode of Barnaby Jones, etc come to life. 

1 hour ago, wegner said:

It is a tragic story.  If I was him, I doubt I'd ever take another acting role with a gun involved. 

It really is like an episode of Barnaby Jones, etc come to life. 

My thought was well. I'm not certain that finishing Rust is tasteless or a tribute. 

• 3 months later...