Grifol told Eloy to get some work in RF

Chick Mercedes

7 hours ago, Jake said:

I would urge not to over-interpret the statement from this person who doesn't speak English as a first language. I suspect he merely means he hasn't given up on the idea that he can catch the ball out there and I say good for him, I hope he can prove the doubters wrong. I'll be shocked if he causes the team any clubhouse problems when he sees most of his reps coming at DH.

Yeah I think there is something lost in translation “I won’t accept”. He means he won’t give up not that he refuses

My only hope is this is a case of a player saying I want to play in the field to get in the flow of the game and feeling that as a DH that is harder to do. I also hope this is a manager understanding the player and knowing it is a new relationship and is trying to help him see his path is mostly at DH, but in attempting to build a relationship is saying this is where your chance to play the field will be.

The safest place for Eloy may be on another team because he's an injury waiting to happen whether he plays the outfield or DH.

Eloy's injury history

1. Chicago White Sox outfielder Eloy Jimenez will miss 4 to 8 weeks of the 2022 season following an injury to his right hamstring while attempting to beat a throw to first base. He had to be carted off the field.
2.. Eloy Jimenez suffered a torn left pectoral in March 24, 2021 during spring training attempting to rob a home run
3. Eloy Jimenez missed the meeting between the White Sox and Cubs to conclude the 2020 regular season with a sprained foot. He suffered the mid-foot injury to his right foot rounding third base. He returned for Game 3 of the ALDS on Oct. 1.
4. Jimenez injured his ankle while celebrating Lucas Giolito’s no-hitter, though he did not need to be placed on the IL. August 2022
5. July 16, 2019, Jimenez was placed on the 10-day IL with a right-elbow injury following a collision with fellow outfielder Charlie Tilson in the first inning against the Kansas City Royals. He returned to action July 28.
6. April 28, 2019 Jimenez was placed on the 10-day IL with a high right-ankle sprain following a collision with the wall against the Detroit Tigers. He appeared to get his foot stuck in the padding attempting to corral a home run.
7. Dec. 16, 2018 The White Sox chose to shut down Jimenez during winter league play in the Dominican Republic following a quad strain.
8. July 2018 Jimenez missed two weeks of his minor league season with a left abductor muscle injury.
9. April 2018 Jimenez began his Double-A season late due to a left pectoral injury

• Thanks 1

On 1/24/2023 at 12:57 PM, EloyJenkins said:

This is what I see here. The only caveat to this is if Colas stinks. then Eloy WILL be starting in RF until he kills himself again. 

My bold prediction is Colas won't even be close to stinking. He could be among the best hitters the Sox have and the best overall Ofer when you throw in the assists he should pile up while runners test him.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

My bold prediction is Colas won't even be close to stinking. He could be among the best hitters the Sox have and the best overall Ofer when you throw in the assists he should pile up while runners test him.

Ever hear that little story about being confronted with a Bear in the woods? Guy says to his buddy ‘I don’t need to be faster than the Bear…just you🤓

On this team he just have to be better than guys like Gavin Sheets

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Ever hear that little story about being confronted with a Bear in the woods? Guy says to his buddy ‘I don’t need to be faster than the Bear…just you🤓

On this team he just have to be better than guys like Gavin Sheets

It wouldn't be a bold prediction if I limited him to just being better than Sheets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It wouldn't be a bold prediction if I limited him to just being better than Sheets.

Depending on his health, if he plays all year, that could become a true prediction. On this team, being available is also an elite quality. But yeah, I don’t know how hard it would be to excel round these parts. Its a low bar. If people are like, wondering if Colas is a questionable addition, consider the company. Robert and Eloy don’t play. Vaughn went to first base. Sheets is Sheets. Leury is Leury. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sheets and any other non-outfielder should never see the outfield grass again, I'm in for Colas.  Other teams bring up minor leaguers and give them a shot.  If we have to replace someone because of injury bring up Cespedes or if Billy Hamilton makes the team he could play center if Robert were to go down. But please no more Sheets or Vaughn in the outfield ever again.