Liam Hendriks is cancer free

Heads22

13 hours ago, Colome's Hat said:

This is gutting.  I have no doubt he will survive but he's widely regarded as the best person in the game.  My friend works with Howard Brown, an LGBTQ health center in Chicago and the amount of work he has done for them is immense.  Also remembering how vocal he was after the Supreme Court ruling.  I'm so proud he's a White Sock.  Hope this is a blip and he's back either later this year or next.  Just hope he is ok.

I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts into words, but you did a nice job. 

The question has been asked about insurance in this thread, how that may impact the Sox moving forward. So I asked about this with a long time friend of mine who is a member of the mainstream Chicago media. This is the reply just FYI:

"I know when the training staff told Jake Peavy there was nothing wrong with him, until his arm nearly came off, there was the issue of insurance and whether the salary would be covered by insurance.

Rick Hahn was testy when he was asked whether insurance would cover the salary if Peavy missed the first 1/6th of the season. I think this is the case with Liam, but I'll ask around.

I feel terrible for Liam, since he's a straight shooter who can see who's full of crap and who's giving an honest effort. 

I hope he's consulting with experts outside of Rush Hospital before making a decision on the treatments.

I'm a big Crochet fan, but you can't beat experience in the late innings." 
  • Like 2

Heard back from my source on the insurance question:

"I'm told the terms of the insurance policies vary, are extremely high and usually kept private between the team and insurance company. "

So I guess if Hahn does something that's an indication the Sox are covered in some way although there is no way to know for sure one way or the other especially given the secrecy and dysfunction in this organization.  

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Chicago fans are the best.

IIRC I was there! Got a free keychain from Dollar Bill, question never been to a Bulls game is the National Anthem as crazy there too?

Sending prayers for Liam, kick cancers sorry ass. If caught early enough, the survival rate is high

11 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

IIRC I was there! Got a free keychain from Dollar Bill, question never been to a Bulls game is the National Anthem as crazy there too?

Sending prayers for Liam, kick cancers sorry ass. If caught early enough, the survival rate is high

No. Nothing compares to a Hawks Anthem. A friend of mine was at the exhibition game against Russia when it started. He said it started small during the opening line then just got insane. He thought it would be a one off thing but it's a tradition now. 

• Quin changed the title to Liam Hendricks is cancer free
  • Heads22 changed the title to Liam Hendriks is cancer free
  • Texsox unpinned this topic