Joe Kelly Wrote a Book

Heads22

25 minutes ago, bmags said:

it sucks because I loved kelly as a player and uh, getting him and him sucking makes it hard to remember why. But he had so many great moments in boston, st louis and LA.

For me it was this game. I was at the game and in line at concessions on the concourse, and I *heard* the impact of the pitch. Like, we all know the sound of the crack of the bat, and this was very much not that. Everyone rushed out to see what was going to happen because everyone there knew tensions were high all game, place was a powder keg.

Tl;dr Joe Kelly lights a match when he needs to.

3 hours ago, bmags said:

I read the review of this and it sounds like he legit wrote a book just about how much he hates the astros.

Maybe I am starting to love the guy.....just a little and probably just until he starts pitching and immediately gets hurt again.

30 minutes ago, wegner said:

Maybe I am starting to love the guy.....just a little and probably just until he starts pitching and immediately gets hurt again.

I distinctly remember reaching a point with Jake Peavy where I never wanted to hear him talk again until he actually went out and pitched successfully. I am approaching that point with Joe Kelly. You wrote a book about pitching? Congrats, maybe it would help if you were able to pitch.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, wegner said:

I'm with you there. 

He seems more like some Hollywood caricature of a pitcher than an actual player. 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

I'm with you there. 

He seems more like some Hollywood caricature of a pitcher than an actual player. 

After watching the movie Major League last night, I could not agree with you more.  That's perfect.

• Like 1